Net-Model.com
16-18yrs .. Why no thongs?
Topic Start Date: Monday, January 30, 2006 @ 7:24 AM (+-5 GMT)
Forum: Net-Model Forum
I've seen this a few times recently and am wondering why it is not 'acceptable' for the 16 to 18 age range to wear 'thongs'.
I am sure these days even younger gals are wearing them in everday life and just cannot understand the 'fuss'! :(
I understand all the controversy about the 'law' but surely including 'thongs' in that is going a lil far.
Aint it?? :(

Take a trip to Mars ...
"Dreams may come true"

Posted By: Mars 01-30-2006 07:24am
more like.....

Why use a 16 - 18 yr old for a thong shot?

I am also sure there are 13 - 14 yr old girls having sex, but lets not film it, yea?

13 - 14 year olds smoking? so lets give them free drink to go with it?

Why the fuss? Cause they are children and its best not to portray them in a sexy manner.

-M

Posted By: MichaelFasani 01-30-2006 07:27am
Thongs are seen to portray sexuality and 16 is way to young for that......

If evolution really works why do mothers only have two hands?!

Posted By: Skylar 01-30-2006 07:30am
Quoting Mars:

I've seen this a few times recently and am wondering why it is not 'acceptable' for the 16 to 18 age range to wear 'thongs'.
I am sure these days even younger gals are wearing them in everday life and just cannot understand the 'fuss'! :(
I understand all the controversy about the 'law' but surely including 'thongs' in that is going a lil far.
Aint it?? :(

Take a trip to Mars ...
"Dreams may come true"

Well I don't understand it my sister niomi wears a thong all the time and she is only 12 but a mind of a 18 year old LoL. I think it's just talk i'f everyone was to opey by the rules all the time then I think people wouldn't have a live. Anyway I don't think it's wrong if thats what people want to wear then leave them I say LoL xxXxx o:]

Is it better to regret something you have done, or to regret something you havent done ?!?!?!

Posted By: Annice 01-30-2006 07:32am
Quoting MichaelFasani:

more like.....

Why use a 16 - 18 yr old for a thong shot?

M
I was thinking more of them wanting to use them and having to say no.
And as for 16-18 being 'children', you're a braver man than me if you'd ever tell the gals I have worked with that age, that they are 'children'!! ;)

Take a trip to Mars ...
"Dreams may come true"

Posted By: Mars 01-30-2006 07:33am
Annice,

They can wear them all they like, we are talking about photographing a 16 yr old in a thong?

-M

Posted By: MichaelFasani 01-30-2006 07:35am
why would you need to use a 16-18 year old for that sort of shoot? i don't get it. surely it would be best to just use someone over 18?

if girls of that age are asking you for work why not say yes, but tell them you are only happy to shoot them in certain clothing?

i think at that age girls shouldn't be showing that much flesh on camera. they might also regret it later in life.

Posted By: OctoberNoire 01-30-2006 07:36am
I dont see a problem with a 16 year old in a thong? As long as she is wearing trousers?

Nothing todo with brave, in the eyes of UK LAW they are children, simple as that?

-M

Posted By: MichaelFasani 01-30-2006 07:37am
I think if my daughter came to me when she was 16 and asked to wear one it would be ok but as said only under her clothes!......but my apologies Mars I thought you were talking about shooting a 16 yr old in one! And that is wrong.....a 16yr old is too young for that in my opinion...no matter how much she wants it!

Posted By: Skylar 01-30-2006 07:38am
He is talking about shooting them...

Posted By: MichaelFasani 01-30-2006 07:39am
In that case i agree with you micheal they are still classed as minors and we must protect them even though they may be mature there are rules to protect them all

Posted By: Skylar 01-30-2006 07:46am
Quoting Mars:

M
I was thinking more of them wanting to use them and having to say no.
And as for 16-18 being 'children', you're a braver man than me if you'd ever tell the gals I have worked with that age, that they are 'children'!! ;)

Take a trip to Mars ...
"Dreams may come true"

Well im 18 am my a child!!!!

Is it better to regret something you have done, or to regret something you havent done ?!?!?!

Posted By: Annice 01-30-2006 07:49am
Thats a definate NOOOOOOOOO from me Annice!! ;p

Politically correct or not, sorry guys. ;)

Luv xx

Take a trip to Mars ...
"Dreams may come true"

Posted By: Mars 01-30-2006 07:53am
I think most comments on here are with regard to photographing the under 18's in a thong...is that what you was trying to gain thoughts on Mars?

Pauline

Posted By: Promise 01-30-2006 08:08am
It's not just against the law to photograph nude and topless models under 18, but to also show them in a manner that may be provocative, no matter how much they are wearing.

A thong, for photography's sake is mainly used to show off as much as you can, and mainly used to show the entire bottom of a young lady, I think this could come under the provocative bit.

I have to say too, with all of the 18+ models out there, why do so many people want to push the under 18's so far, it's not like there's a shortage.

~ Chris

Posted By: cmcook 01-30-2006 08:14am
Quoting Promise:

I think most comments on here are with regard to photographing the under 18's in a thong...is that what you was trying to gain thoughts on Mars?

Pauline

ok ok it's pick on me today is it im only giving my opinion LoL xxx o:]

Posted By: Annice 01-30-2006 08:17am
Quoting cmcook:

It's not just against the law to photograph nude and topless models under 18, but to also show them in a manner that may be provocative, no matter how much they are wearing.

Absolutely right!
As pro togs, the risk to your career is simple not worth it.

Posted By: cji 01-30-2006 08:18am
Quoting cmcook:

I have to say too, with all of the 18+ models out there, why do so many people want to push the under 18's so far, it's not like there's a shortage.

Probably for the same reason photographers try to push models levels instead of just getting a model who works to that level, though what reason that is i have no idea, it is worrying though.

Posted By: JadedRed 01-30-2006 08:18am
Quoting cmcook:

Nice Rewrite of the law there, the law does not mention Nude / topless it relates to the image being of a particular nature and that's open to interpretation by any given judge on the day.

So the middle part of your statement is correct it's just the "bolt ons" you've added either side that are not.

Dave
:)

Posted By: DaveLords 01-30-2006 08:21am
Quoting Annice:

ok ok it's pick on me today is it im only giving my opinion LoL xxx o:]

LOL Annice sorry I wasn't trying to pick on you at all...I was just trying to work out exactly what Mars was saying...because your reply would of been right, if he was talking about what some teenage girls wear.

I was not sure if he was talking about everyday stuff, or photography.

My point was just me clarifying what he was trying to say.

Pauline

Posted By: Promise 01-30-2006 08:22am
Quoting DaveLords:

So the middle part of your statement is correct it's just the "bolt ons" you've added either side that are not.

Ahh bugger, we can't all get it right then, though I hope the point stands. As for my incorrectivness: Artistic liscence :D lol

Posted By: cmcook 01-30-2006 08:24am
Daves

Right again evertime, well apart from the mirror.

Hugh

Posted By: designerhugh 01-30-2006 08:29am
Ok, I spose what I was asking is, if a young lady wears them for everyday wear, why would it be wrong for HER to want a shoot in them, they are only lingerie after all, surely. 8-/

Take a trip to Mars ...
"Dreams may come true"

Posted By: Mars 01-30-2006 08:34am
Quoting Mars:

Ok, I spose what I was asking is, if a young lady wears them for everyday wear, why would it be wrong for HER to want a shoot in them, they are only lingerie after all, surely.

A girl at 16 can have sex but you'd probably get in trouble if you photographed her doing so.

Dave

Posted By: DaveLords 01-30-2006 08:40am
Quoting Mars:

Ok, I spose what I was asking is, if a young lady wears them for everyday wear, why would it be wrong for HER to want a shoot in them, they are only lingerie after all, surely. 8-/

Take a trip to Mars ...
"Dreams may come true"

And like everyone said she probably takes a shower or maybe has sex everyday too lets not take pictures of it.

Theres nothing wrong with wanting, its actions that have consequences.

Posted By: JadedRed 01-30-2006 08:40am
Page 1 of 5 All times are EST (-5 GMT)
This post comes from Net-Model.com
http://www.net-model.com

The URL for this post is:
http://forums.net-model.com?tid=367491&fid=1