6 users watching this topic.
[ Watch This Topic ]
Page 2 of 3 | < | 1 | 2 | 3 | > |

Show Printer Friendly Message Reply To Topic
 more_m

Photographer
City: Cambridge
RE: Net-Model...What happened?! Nov 29, 2017 4:02am

Like Helen D, I started on this site and logon every couple of weeks mainly out of curiosity. I even tried posting a casting call a few months back (zero replies here, lots on PP and MC). I also agree that PP has got too big and is really up itself these days. Now I seem to get approached for work most often on Instagram! (@more_m_photo if you want to have a look)

Send Nm Mail to more_m Add more_m to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
 Razoir

Photographer
City: Crediton
RE: Net-Model...What happened?! Dec 1, 2017 12:17pm

Escape not only has a plan but is flogging his guts out working on it.
I do know that there will be much good stuff to come.

Sadly, when Escape had some serious difficulties and had to concentrate on other things the site had grown enormous with thousands of dead memberships. They all needed to be cleared out and the way the site was originally set up that was not an easy or simple task. So took ages.

The work does continue, though with little information on how long things will take.

I will give you a sneaky peak into the fact that the new NM looks brilliant and the functionality is going to be superb.

I am very grateful to all of you who are still saying good things about how NM was. Stick with us and we will certainly be back with a big splash soon. Or soonish!

Huge Hairy Jeremy

Remember, Trolls' brains are silica based and only function properly at temperatures lower than minus 72 degrees Kevin.

Send Nm Mail to Razoir Add Razoir to your favorites list
IanG

Photographer
City: Worcestershire
RE: Net-Model...What happened?! Jun 21, 2018 1:03pm

Being realistic these delays are the death of this website which was once excellent, most of the models I'd like to work with no longer post or even visit any longer.

It's a great pity but Escape doesn't seem to care, it's unlikely people will come back now even with a revamp. There's far too many dormant, inactive accounts now.

Ian

Send Nm Mail to IanG Add IanG to your favorites list
redbaron

Photographer
City: Ayesbury
RE: Net-Model...What happened?! Jun 22, 2018 4:53am

quoting post from IanG:

Being realistic these delays are the death of this website which was once excellent, most of the models I'd like to work with no longer post or even visit any longer.

It's a great pity but Escape doesn't seem to care, it's unlikely people will come back now even with a revamp. There's far too many dormant, inactive accounts now.

Ian

I was one of the originals on this site but left for quite time as it seemed to decline badly in terms of the images appearing on the front page in particular. I rejoined after seeing the hairy bugger confirming the new site was more than just some wire frame on Escapes computer.

Sadly still waiting but I don't believe for a moment he does not care. It is just that he is insistent on doing it all himself, no doubt part time between other work, which makes it a huge task. Not helped by modern technology moving goal posts faster than you can kick the ball. Just look at the way mobile devices have now taken over for example. What is currently the most popular site is pretty much unusable on them due to pop ups that will not go away. Which leaves an opening. One that another old site is trying to take advantage of in its revamp.

Like that site the one thing NM has in its favour is the fact people will not be able to resist talking about it on other sites when a revamp does arrive. The downside is you only get one shot. If people pop over out of curiosity and think 'wow! this is cool, rad (Or whatever the f*&% is now current) then there is a good chance they will sign up and give things a try. If they decide 'meh' then that will be the end.

I just hope if it does get finished James resists the urge to spoil things for the traditional hape worth of tar. Current restrictions on images for free members for example would stop most people even bothering. The site will need to re-earn its stars before it can justify charging for anything much. That was how PP gained traction originally

Send Nm Mail to redbaron Add redbaron to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged | Edited by redbaron at 06-22-2018 4:55 AM Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
 Razoir

Photographer
RE: Net-Model...What happened?! Jun 22, 2018 7:06am

I know I am starting to sound like a cracked record but things ARE progressing. Just rather more slowly than any of us would wish.

Huge Hairy Jeremy

Remember, Trolls' brains are silica based and only function properly at temperatures lower than minus 72 degrees Kevin.

IanG

Photographer
City: Worcestershire
RE: Net-Model...What happened?! Jun 27, 2018 5:18pm

quoting post from  Razoir:

I will give you a sneaky peak into the fact that the new NM looks brilliant and the functionality is going to be superb.

Huge Hairy Jeremy

So where is the sneak preview ?

I posted looking for a model and not one reply, I really didn't expect one as the Forum is effectively inactive.

As it happens I've found a US model who's visiting the UK on another website and so have a shoot or two booked.

Ian

Send Nm Mail to IanG Add IanG to your favorites list
 Razoir

Photographer
RE: Net-Model...What happened?! Jul 8, 2018 3:00pm

BREATHE IN.

Huge Hairy Jeremy

NickG

Photographer
City: Ealing
RE: Net-Model...What happened?! Jul 12, 2018 8:18pm

I'm sure it's just me but that link goes nowhere.

Is that an error or have I just fallen for a joke?

-Nick G

***Insert witty comment here***

Send Nm Mail to NickG Add NickG to your favorites list
 Razoir

Photographer
RE: Net-Model...What happened?! Jul 13, 2018 8:19am

quoting post from  NickG:

I'm sure it's just me but that link goes nowhere.

Is that an error or have I just fallen for a joke?

-Nick G

***Insert witty comment here***

Sorry Nick. I killed that site some time ago.
I am trying to maintain a degree of interest as I know things are happening.

Huge Hairy Jeremy

Razoir

Photographer
RE: Net-Model...What happened?! Jul 13, 2018 8:21am

Gone now!

Huge Hairy Jeremy

Razoir

Photographer
RE: Net-Model...What happened?! Aug 2, 2018 3:41am

BREATHE IN.

Huge Hairy Jeremy

AND HOLD IT.....

Huge Hairy Jeremy

Razoir

Photographer
RE: Net-Model...What happened?! Aug 3, 2018 3:29pm

AND HOLD IT.....

Huge Hairy Jeremy

........... and continue to HOLD IT

but not for long.

Huge Hairy Jeremy

pep

Photographer
City: Northeast / North Yorkshire
RE: Net-Model...What happened?! Aug 4, 2018 5:11am

careful what you wish for, another long established & once flourishing site that was limping along, upgraded & revamped their site & its -IMHO - TERRIBLE & unusable now (on desktop)

If I was designing a site I'd ensure links to social media sites were only an option for paying clients - models, esp - set up a freebie account & then use it as a link to their social sites..

Send Nm Mail to pep Add pep to your favorites list
redbaron

Photographer
RE: Net-Model...What happened?! Aug 4, 2018 6:53am

quoting post from  pep:

careful what you wish for, another long established & once flourishing site that was limping along, upgraded & revamped their site & its -IMHO - TERRIBLE & unusable now (on desktop)

If I was designing a site I'd ensure links to social media sites were only an option for paying clients - models, esp - set up a freebie account & then use it as a link to their social sites..

And its nemesis is unusable on a mobile thanks to all the damned pop ups. Thing is desktops are on the decline with a lot of people not even owning one these days while mobile is surging. Ideally of course you should server for both, which is perfectly feasible but does need a lot more coding.

pep

Photographer
City: Northeast / North Yorkshire
RE: Net-Model...What happened?! Aug 4, 2018 7:36am

Quote:

Thing is desktops are on the decline with a lot of people not even owning one these days

Very true, in general terms, however - if you're designing a site for photographers & models... I think it will be a tiny percentage that don't use a large screen monitor..

Mobiles have their place, though still secondary for editing & processing of images..

Send Nm Mail to pep Add pep to your favorites list
rmsoansphotography

Photographer
City: London
RE: Net-Model...What happened?! Aug 4, 2018 6:23pm

Are you serious?

I know there are a lot of tablet like computers, like the surface pro etc...but they haven't got the raw processing power like a desktop, plus unlikely to have the same

I know you can play games on tablets, but they run on battery, if they had the same processing power, they would be flat in minutes rather than hours

Send Nm Mail to rmsoansphotography Add rmsoansphotography to your favorites list
redbaron

Photographer
RE: Net-Model...What happened?! Aug 8, 2018 4:00am

So premium membership is currenlty offline for maintainence. Now is that good or bad??

jkmtyro

Photographer
City: St. Thomas, Virgin Islands
RE: Net-Model...What happened?! Aug 10, 2018 4:14am

I have never had a problem with the look and function of the site. I like it much better than the whiz bang constantly changing Web 2.0+ sites. In fact, I was Premium way way back and hired a number of models from here.

My on-line absence these five years was due to a fundamental shift in client-fulfillment needs that demanded models who could perform underwater for documentary promotions. On four different internet modeling sites I auditioned models who claimed "underwater" yet none had any qualifications nor were they insurable for open water work. NO one, despite labeling themselves 'professional', could take a three month gig at sea paid for with U.S. Federal grant funds.

So I had to switch to recruiting from within the dive industry. Plus with no internet 230 feet below water 'ain't no loggin-in anyhows'.

Mark me as one of those who is glad no one deleted my idle account! An additional reason is we were hit by two hurricanes within ten days last year and there was no internet to most of the island for 8 months. Some web services did delete my accounts with inconsiderate automatic six-month log-in absence deletions.

I am back to doing most of my work on land. I came back on-site to start recruiting beach babes for Eco-system shooting and HOLY HANNAH there is no one to recruit from!

I do not know how you are going to increase your game, Net-Model, but you gotta. I am ready to recruit for tropical shooting now. Shall I look elsewhere to purchase quality membership?

Send Nm Mail to jkmtyro Add jkmtyro to your favorites list
 jkmtyro

Photographer
RE: Net-Model...What happened?! Aug 10, 2018 4:29am

quoting post from rmsoansphotography:

Are you serious?

I know there are a lot of tablet like computers, like the surface pro etc...but they haven't got the raw processing power like a desktop, plus unlikely to have the same

I know you can play games on tablets, but they run on battery, if they had the same processing power, they would be flat in minutes rather than hours

One can design a site that switches looks between desktop, tablet and cell phone.

No, tablets and cells do not have the processing power of CPU towers, but why would a Tog need that from a tablet in the studio, on-set or in the field? (The screen is also never viewable without glare or washout when outdoors).

For me, the tablet is not an editing tool ... it is a communications tool. With a tablet or cell phone I can log into NM from anywhere and browse model profiles with clients. Making the site flexible enough to operate smoothly on tablets is a necessity.

jkmtyro

Photographer
RE: Net-Model...What happened?! Aug 10, 2018 4:33am

quoting post from  pep:

Monetizing access to Facebook et al by saying you must buy Premium?

Umm ... anybody talk to Zuckerberg lately? His company tanked on the stock market recently and I am certain he'd love the windfall from a nice hefty lawsuit.

Razoir

Photographer
RE: Net-Model...What happened?! Aug 21, 2018 3:13pm

ARE YOU STILL HOLDING IT?
KEEP GOING........

Huge Hairy Jeremy

jkmtyro

Photographer
RE: Net-Model...What happened?! Aug 21, 2018 8:32pm

ARE YOU STILL HOLDING IT?
KEEP GOING........

Huge Hairy Jeremy

Uh huh * gasp * Mmmph. gurgle. @!# blugh.

Cheryl_Elizabeth

Model
City: Littlehampton
RE: Net-Model...What happened?! Aug 27, 2018 7:20pm

I know what happened to James and his situation and without giving stuff away, I was devastated for him and can't even begin to understand how much work must be involved to start this up again.

I don't log in every day, but I'm here as a model (still full time after 13 years) and I signed up with a photography account here too.. Toulouki_Orsini.

Personally, I would LOVE to see a modelling networking site run, or at least moderated by models as to address the misogynist attitudes all too prevalent on similar sites, AND issues of mass abuse, however hidden they may seem. But I await with interest

Why am I doing resting bitch face? It takes 42 muscles to frown and only 17 to smile and I need the exercise

Send Nm Mail to Cheryl_Elizabeth Add Cheryl_Elizabeth to your favorites list
numbc

Photographer
City: London
RE: Net-Model...What happened?! Aug 28, 2018 7:42pm

Joined a few years back and since then never really used the site.
Heard it was once really popular.
I log in out of curiosity every so often.

As it stands, I have never come here for castings, nor would I think of casting here in its present form.

Be great if it found it's legs again and became a more viable option once more.

Hope that happens.

Send Nm Mail to numbc Add numbc to your favorites list
redbaron

Photographer
RE: Net-Model...What happened?! Aug 29, 2018 3:10am

quoting post from  Cheryl_Elizabeth:

I know what happened to James and his situation and without giving stuff away, I was devastated for him and can't even begin to understand how much work must be involved to start this up again.

I don't log in every day, but I'm here as a model (still full time after 13 years) and I signed up with a photography account here too.. Toulouki_Orsini.

Personally, I would LOVE to see a modelling networking site run, or at least moderated by models as to address the misogynist attitudes all too prevalent on similar sites, AND issues of mass abuse, however hidden they may seem. But I await with interest

Why am I doing resting bitch face? It takes 42 muscles to frown and only 17 to smile and I need the exercise

Yes that is a big thing to come back from. One of the reason I keep hoping the site will eventually get updated as I think that would be a huge prsonal landmark for James. I do understand why he is not keeping people p to date too. All you ever get when doing that is sneers and put downs when it takes longer that planned or you need to take a break from it all. Usually from 'photographers' who assert rebuilding a site like this is just a few weeks work. In real life of course they probably work stacking shelves in Tesco.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
Page 2 of 3 | < | 1 | 2 | 3 | > |

Moderators :

Ace, bullet, doctorontop, Gregory_Mason, persistentvision

Forum Settings : [ Open Forum ]

You may post topics
You may post replies
You may post images
You may delete your posts