alias : pwd :       secure login | forgot pwd? ]
13 members online. 
2 users watching this topic.
[ Watch This Topic ]
Show Printer Friendly Message Reply To Topic
Author Topic : Child Model-Opinions please! 
MelodyDaisy

Thread Starter / Model
City: Milton Keynes
Views : 5534  Nov 20, 2007 6:04am

Hello. I am new to this and knew if anyone had any advice and opinions on whether my daughter is model material? Melody does have a scar on her upper lip though, do you see this as being something that would stop her being a child model altogether?
Other than that, she's a lovely little character!
[/img]

Send Nm Mail to MelodyDaisy Add MelodyDaisy to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged | Edited by MelodyDaisy at 11-20-2007 12:54 PM Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
lissome_swan

Model
City: Wirral
RE: Child Model-Opinions please! Nov 20, 2007 11:29am

I cant believe she`s 4!

She has a sense of maturity in her look..

I would reccommend you google child agencies, extra`s agencies etc, the only one I know of (top of my head) is EuroKids!

Tread carefully when it comes to posting a portfolio of a 4 year old online hun!..as you must take in to account that nobody on this site is exactly "police checked"..meaning "anybody" can view your daughter, and pose as a potential photographer/agent.

Paula x

##Life is like a box of chocs...you never know what your gonna get"?...my a*se..read the menu! or buy Maltesers!##

Send Nm Mail to lissome_swan Add lissome_swan to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
Sarahchapman

Model
City: Wolverhampton
RE: Child Model-Opinions please! Nov 20, 2007 11:35am

DON'T GO TO EURO KIDS!
They charge stupid money for bad pictures and they have too many children on their book's. Best to go with a London agent anyway because of your location.

Send Nm Mail to Sarahchapman Add Sarahchapman to your favorites list
Pictures4all

Photographer
City: Chatham,kent
RE: Child Model-Opinions please! Nov 20, 2007 11:38am

Isobel is with BMA as advised by Marrianne, and they took images that i had taken saving us some money

Kristian
www.pictures4all.co.uk

Send Nm Mail to Pictures4all Add Pictures4all to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged | Edited by Pictures4all at 11-20-2007 11:39 AM Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
MelodyDaisy

Thread Starter / Model
RE: Child Model-Opinions please! Nov 20, 2007 11:45am

Thanks for the advice and lovely comment. Alot of people say that about her having a sense of maturity!

MelodyDaisy

Thread Starter / Model
RE: Child Model-Opinions please! Nov 20, 2007 3:45pm

Here's another pic, would be great to get some honest feedback on Melody and if you think she is model material?

Elitefoto

Photographer
City: Peterborough
RE: Child Model-Opinions please! Nov 20, 2007 3:56pm

My daughter Daisy is the same age as Melody, she loves being in front of the camera and I have hundreds of pictures of her, she loves posing and uses the lounge as a catwalk.
Would I want her being directed and working as a child model...not at all, I want her to be a 'normal' child and enjoy her childhood, playing with her toys and friends, not being around strange adults, telling her what to wear and what to do for a few £ss
Sorry if it's not the answer to your question, but it is my thoughts on the matter....and I work in the industry!
I should say, I do not object to child models, but would not want my daughter doing it

Send Nm Mail to Elitefoto Add Elitefoto to your favorites list
MelodyDaisy

Thread Starter / Model
RE: Child Model-Opinions please! Nov 20, 2007 4:00pm

quoting post from Elitefoto:

My daughter Daisy is the same age as Melody, she loves being in front of the camera and I have hundreds of pictures of her, she loves posing and uses the lounge as a catwalk.
Would I want her being directed and working as a child model...not at all, I want her to be a 'normal' child and enjoy her childhood, playing with her toys and friends, not being around strange adults, telling her what to wear and what to do for a few £ss
Sorry if it's not the answer to your question, but it is my thoughts on the matter....and I work in the industry!
I should say, I do not object to child models, but would not want my daughter doing it

You make it sound as if my daughter wouldn't ever play with toys if she perhaps did a model job every now and then!! lol
I can assure you my daughter is very 'normal' and she wouldn't be doing modelling full time would she? May be as little as one job every month or two, so she will still have every other single day to play!!

Elitefoto

Photographer
RE: Child Model-Opinions please! Nov 20, 2007 4:04pm

Sorry it did come across as very negative and wasn't a 'dig' at your parenting, just MY personal opinion on MY daughter modelling. If you feel you want your daughter to model, do it, what does it bother you what people on here think?

MelodyDaisy

Thread Starter / Model
RE: Child Model-Opinions please! Nov 20, 2007 4:07pm

I just wanted opinions on whether she loked photgenic enough! Shame you couldn't give me an opinion on that. Understand what you meant to be saying and it's fair enough you would not do it, but my daughter will have some fun and meet new people in the process and will not miss out on her chlidhood at all.

Elitefoto

Photographer
RE: Child Model-Opinions please! Nov 20, 2007 4:17pm

Of course she could do it..any kid could. Look at the books of any child modelling agency and you will see hundreds of them..and if you only want her to work one day a month than that shouldn't be too hard to achieve.
If you are asking is there anything that makes her stand out from the thousands of other child models out there, than probably not.
The question was, is your child modelling material..the only person that can answer that is the person that will book her, but I definately cannot see any reason why not

Pictures4all

Photographer
City: Chatham,kent
RE: Child Model-Opinions please! Nov 21, 2007 12:52am

You wont find one parent that dont think there child cant model. Depends what they are like with strangers in front of the camara, lighting kits and props thing can be very busy in the studio. I know Isobel froze first time she was in there as a model.

Kristian
www.pictures4all.co.uk

Send Nm Mail to Pictures4all Add Pictures4all to your favorites list
 Marianne_Davies

Photographer
City: London
RE: Child Model-Opinions please! Nov 21, 2007 2:44am

BMA ,scallywags,Elizabeth smith,Sandra Reynolds,Little Acorns

lot's more BUT not guaranteed to Take you on or get you work....But worth a try....Send in a snap shot and let them decide for you.
Get stuck or need any info direct numbers etc pm me....

Marianne

Marianne

*Hugs* Makes you all warm inside !!
Go on Give someone a Hug today!

Send Nm Mail to Marianne_Davies Add Marianne_Davies to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged | Edited by Marianne_Davies at 11-21-2007 2:45 AM Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
Stacey_Fenton

Model
City: Bedford
RE: Child Model-Opinions please! Nov 21, 2007 3:10am

Aww she is well cute. Erm trying to think of agencies but cant think right at this minute. But i've been modelling since i was 8 and now treasure alll my younger pictures as im getting older. London is definately the place to e with modelling, i've just made it in with my agency.
She is gorgeous though, and definately stands great chances and yes she does mature for her age.
But obviouslygot to be careful, as i look ikder and the amount of people asking things is ridiculous. I know that wont happen yet. As others have said on here just about anyone can say they are a photograher and get hold of her pictures.
I wish you both the best of luck.
(I want a cute little sister now)

Send Nm Mail to Stacey_Fenton Add Stacey_Fenton to your favorites list
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Settings : [ Open Forum ]

You may post topics
You may post replies
You may post images
You may delete your posts