alias : pwd :       secure login | forgot pwd? ]
7 members online. 
2 users watching this topic.
[ Watch This Topic ]
Show Printer Friendly Message Reply To Topic
Author Topic : Parental/Guardian accounts? 
Zenith

Thread Starter / Model
City: Long Eaton, Nottingham
Views : 1439  Jun 1, 2009 4:31pm

After the BGS, and attending with my 14 year old friend who is a photographer and her mother/chaperone, we got to wondering if parent accounts would be a good idea - in order for parents to keep an eye and grant permission/guarantee they would chaperone etc and help keep younger models/young female photographers safer?

I don't know how practical it is, but I thought I would throw the suggestion out there.

Send Nm Mail to Zenith Add Zenith to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
Marianne_Davies

Photographer
City: London
RE: Parental/Guardian accounts? Jun 1, 2009 4:35pm

quoting post from Zenith:

After the BGS, and attending with my 14 year old friend who is a photographer and her mother/chaperone, we got to wondering if parent accounts would be a good idea - in order for parents to keep an eye and grant permission/guarantee they would chaperone etc and help keep younger models/young female photographers safer?

I don't know how practical it is, but I thought I would throw the suggestion out there.

Alot of the minors accouts are run by Parents

under 18 moderator

Send Nm Mail to Marianne_Davies Add Marianne_Davies to your favorites list
YuffiV

Photographer
RE: Parental/Guardian accounts? Jun 1, 2009 5:00pm

quoting post from Marianne_Davies:

Alot of the minors accouts are run by Parents

under 18 moderator

Thanks Shaz!

Hi Marianne,

I'm the parent/chaperone mentioned in Shaz's post. Whilst I know that many parents in such forums do run the accounts, as Yuffi is an extremely mature 14 year old I feel it is imperative that she builds her own sense of responsibility for what she is doing - something that I feel can only be achieved through allowing her as much autonomy as is safe!

Therein lies the prob!! What is safe? And what is legal whether model or photographer? So many questions that 'I' need answers to in order to guide her properly! There is also the additional bonus that, through having access to such sites, parents such as myself who want to support what can prove to be an extremely costly pastime can pick up a huge amount of info on funding it whilst penny-pinching lol

From a parent/guardian's point of view... I think it has the potential to be a cracking idea that could seriously benefit not only your site but also your community as a whole whether minors, parents, or photographers & models dealing with minors.

Now all I can do is sit back, fingers crossed...

Thanks for your time.

Ratz (YuffiV's mum)

Send Nm Mail to YuffiV Add YuffiV to your favorites list
Marianne_Davies

Photographer
RE: Parental/Guardian accounts? Jun 1, 2009 5:20pm

quoting post from YuffiV:

Thanks Shaz!

Hi Marianne,

I'm the parent/chaperone mentioned in Shaz's post. Whilst I know that many parents in such forums do run the accounts, as Yuffi is an extremely mature 14 year old I feel it is imperative that she builds her own sense of responsibility for what she is doing - something that I feel can only be achieved through allowing her as much autonomy as is safe!

Therein lies the prob!! What is safe? And what is legal whether model or photographer? So many questions that 'I' need answers to in order to guide her properly! There is also the additional bonus that, through having access to such sites, parents such as myself who want to support what can prove to be an extremely costly pastime can pick up a huge amount of info on funding it whilst penny-pinching lol

From a parent/guardian's point of view... I think it has the potential to be a cracking idea that could seriously benefit not only your site but also your community as a whole whether minors, parents, or photographers & models dealing with minors.

Now all I can do is sit back, fingers crossed...

Thanks for your time.

Ratz (YuffiV's mum)

We Honestly Hope that minors have parental support and that you Know and share what is going on with your child Be it emails ,forum posts and booking shoots.

It is great that minors are responsible enough to run an account BUT at 14 I even Ran DANID'S and even at 19 I still assist her .

Sharing an account with a parent/Guardian Can be a fun and thoroughly enjoyable time But we understand that this is not always possible or wanted.

It is great that Yuffi is able to run her own acount and that you are able to trust her judgement and I am sure should there be any problems she would Let you know Or a moderator .

Maybe Give James a pm and see what he say's But for Now I wish her success .

Hugs

Marianne

under 18 moderator

YuffiV

Photographer
RE: Parental/Guardian accounts? Jun 2, 2009 3:53pm

Many thanks for that Marianne,

Both the input and the pointer are greatly appreciated!

Ratz xx

Send Nm Mail to YuffiV Add YuffiV to your favorites list
FrejyaAthena

Model
City: Ashford
RE: Parental/Guardian accounts? Jun 2, 2009 4:05pm

I've been here since I was 14 and everything I have ever written was by myself. I'm sure my Mum would've helped if she was more computer literate though. I must admit, I do wish I had someone to managed my messages and bookings because I lose track very easily and obviously, that isn't professional or appropriate. I have got a lot better though, but I still wish I had someone to help out.

Send Nm Mail to FrejyaAthena Add FrejyaAthena to your favorites list
Marianne_Davies

Photographer
RE: Parental/Guardian accounts? Jun 2, 2009 4:14pm

quoting post from YuffiV:

Many thanks for that Marianne,

Both the input and the pointer are greatly appreciated!

Ratz xx

Ratz you are VERY welcome.
Mail me should you require any help at all.

Frejya for having started so young you Have done so well without any help!

I sometimes forget DANID is 19 and still do things for her and sometimes I need a reminder that she can do it herself ...............mind you she never says no when it comes to cleaning her bedroom or buying a new outfit

Saying all that I still continue to get bookings through my account for her and we share a diary so we don't double book.

Hugs

Marianne x

under 18 moderator

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Settings : [ Open Forum ]

You may post topics
You may post replies
You may post images
You may delete your posts