[ Watch This Topic ]
Show Printer Friendly Message Reply To Topic
Author Topic : Tag/awareness notice 
PHOTOROL1

Thread Starter / Photographer
City: Sussex
Views : 1699  Sep 12, 2009 9:28am

Not sure I've named this right.
I add Models I'd like to work with in the future in my favourites. However the model is unaware of this unless they have I think a gold or higher membership.
Whilst you could say if I desired to work with someone I should mail them, which is true for shoots you're planning at present.

But it would be useful if there was a notice system to models and photographers if someone wished to work with them, open to all members.
This could replace the rating system which seems to not really be of use, apart from if it related to individual images.

Roland

Send Nm Mail to PHOTOROL1 Add PHOTOROL1 to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
Sharon

Model
City: London
RE: Tag/awareness notice Sep 12, 2009 9:37am

So long as it's not automatic, as that's not what everyone uses the favourites for. On a side note there are some people that have had me on their favourites for donkeys years & never said a word to me .

I think this could be a really good idea as it's not as daunting as messaging someone asking if they'd like to work with you, i.e. I could 'flag' someone and then they can choose to ignore it or contact me.

Sharon - hereby known as "The General" (assistant)

"There is no 'normal' – there's just you, and then there's everybody else" - Billy Connolly

Send Nm Mail to Sharon Add Sharon to your favorites list
PHOTOROL1

Thread Starter / Photographer
City: Sussex
RE: Tag/awareness notice Sep 12, 2009 9:42am

quoting post from Sharon:

So long as it's not automatic, as that's not what everyone uses the favourites for. On a side note there are some people that have had me on their favourites for donkeys years & never said a word to me .

I think this could be a really good idea as it's not as daunting as messaging someone asking if they'd like to work with you, i.e. I could 'flag' someone and then they can choose to ignore it or contact me.

"There is no 'normal' – there's just you, and then there's everybody else" - Billy Connolly

Good point Sharon. Probably would need a tick box for you to choose if you wanted this visable to the other user

Send Nm Mail to PHOTOROL1 Add PHOTOROL1 to your favorites list
Bob_d

Photographer
City: Chippenham
RE: Tag/awareness notice Sep 12, 2009 9:52am

Other than the ability to rate individual images, rather than the whole of someone's portfolio, and have the system average it all......this is the best idea I've seen here in ages.

The idea of a "flag" is brilliant!

Send Nm Mail to Bob_d Add Bob_d to your favorites list
Sharon

Model
City: London
RE: Tag/awareness notice Sep 12, 2009 10:13am

quoting post from PHOTOROL1:

Good point Sharon. Probably would need a tick box for you to choose if you wanted this visable to the other user

Or maybe just as a button on someone's profile, e.g. where contact/add/refer is?

Edit: I just realise one is to add to favourites anyway, although it says 'buddy' for some reason.

Or maybe (getting complicated now) you could add tags for different things and have a location in your account where you can view this - e.g. pending shoot, would like to work with, I HATE YOU (joking), etc - although would like to work with would be the only one that would need notification to the other person I would think.

Send Nm Mail to Sharon Add Sharon to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged | Edited by Sharon at 09-12-2009 10:15 AM Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
Victor

Photographer
City: Brentwood
RE: Tag/awareness notice Sep 12, 2009 11:48am

Definitely would be a good feature to have a flag system. I'm sure alot of possible shoots have been missed simply because two parties were never aware that the possibility was there

Send Nm Mail to Victor Add Victor to your favorites list
seanb

Photographer
City: Leigh on Sea
RE: Tag/awareness notice Sep 12, 2009 12:45pm

Could be a good idea. I have a few models I'd quite like to work with at some point in the future, not concrete anough to plan anything, but the ability to express an interest without organising anything would be useful.

Conversely, if someone flags me, I'd probably approach them first for projects they were suitable for, as it's always a plus if someone is definitely interested in working with you.

The only downside I see is that models might just spam tag huge numbers of photographers in order to promote themselves (and I say it this way round, as it's mostly photographers offering work to models).

Send Nm Mail to seanb Add seanb to your favorites list
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Settings : [ Open Forum ]

You may post topics
You may post replies
You may post images
You may delete your posts