[ Watch This Topic ]
Show Printer Friendly Message Reply To Topic
Author Topic : POTD and voting 
Roziekins_Photography

Thread Starter / Photographer
City: Nottingham
Views : 1787  Aug 27, 2010 5:15pm

Just as a thought on this!

Since the best picture of the day thread is going so well and is always ever so popular and busy, It sometimes seems a bit of a pain to keep up with,

I for one also think its a little daft that only select people get to vote on what is the best image of the day thats entered,

As a thought, Would it not be a good idea to do something a little similar to MM,

Where so many people add their image in for the contest and they go up on the next days competition and everyone gets to vote for what they think is the best image and decide it that way??

Then do a thread for the winners showcase or something for each day,

Would that not be a little more fair as everyone gets to vote?? also may tempt people to be a little more active as well

Just a thought

JD

Send Nm Mail to Roziekins_Photography Add Roziekins_Photography to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
Kenp

Photographer
City: Weymouth/Portland DT3
RE: POTD and voting Aug 27, 2010 5:31pm

Quote:

Circles has answered this before.

He runs the CIBPOTD in his own time, on his thread, to his rules. And he minimises his admin time by keeping the number of judges small.

That's my understanding at least.

I'm sure by the time I've typed this someone else will have answered more succinctly.

Vote!

-------------------
Feed your head!
-------------------

Send Nm Mail to Kenp Add Kenp to your favorites list
KpH

Photographer
City: Benfleet
RE: POTD and voting Aug 27, 2010 5:35pm

It seems to be working in the current format, I would be concerned that making it bigger would slow it down. But I can accept that more people would want to vote. Perhaps those who do want to should approach Circles to get on the voting list. I am guessing here as I dont really know how it works.

Send Nm Mail to KpH Add KpH to your favorites list
Circles_of_Confusion

Photographer
City: Llanelli
RE: POTD and voting Aug 27, 2010 5:52pm

I've got no plans to change anything on the competition as it is at the moment and we have been all through this before. It works for me because it is manageable and easy to administrate.

I can't stop anyone starting a new competition if you feel that your idea will work better then go for it.
However, I think it would get a bit confusing and would also dilute what we've already got and run the risk of killing it.

Circles Incredible Blog

Send Nm Mail to Circles_of_Confusion Add Circles_of_Confusion to your favorites list
Roziekins_Photography

Thread Starter / Photographer
City: Nottingham
RE: POTD and voting Aug 27, 2010 6:35pm

Yeah i know what you mean Ken and it could well kill it,

Was just a thought though as opens it up and allows more peoplr to vote and may tempt more to enter it!!

Not saying there is any faulyt with what your doing as its awesome your doing it and your doing it in an awesome way as well and my hats off to you for it!!

Was just a thought i had and not one i realised had been pulled up and mentioned before!!

Send Nm Mail to Roziekins_Photography Add Roziekins_Photography to your favorites list
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Settings : [ Open Forum ]

You may post topics
You may post replies
You may post images
You may delete your posts