alias : pwd :       secure login | forgot pwd? ]
3 members online. 
9 users watching this topic.
[ Watch This Topic ]
This topic is Locked.
Show Printer Friendly Message 
Author Topic : Downgraded members retaining image quota (Locked Topic)
RedChecker

Thread Starter / Photographer
City: Stoke Mandeville
Views : 3159  Jan 29, 2011 4:42am

In this thread it is highlighted that if you downgrade your account then you can still retain your image quota providing you don't change any images.

I have highlighted this 'bug' before* but now that this has been made public in the thread above, I have no doubt we'll have a flood of people contemplating dowgrading taking advantage of this 'feature' as well. Personally I think it's unfair on those who continue to pay for the privilege of having a larger portfolio.

Can the system not be altered so that a downgraded member's photos are blocked from public view until they drop below their quota again?

Also, one excuse was the difficulty in removing so many images individually so perhaps a single image-purge button could be introduced to clear out all images in one fell swoop. Or perhaps when someone downgrades, their images are automatically removed?

[Moderator Notes: Removed accusations made against users who have downgraded.]

Send Nm Mail to RedChecker Add RedChecker to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged | Edited by escape at 01-29-2011 3:34 PM Report Post
 escape

[ Administrator ]
Standard
City, St: Oklahoma City, OK

The image maintenance software is currently offline while we make some changes. I was not happy with how the delete image algorithm in the downgrade maintenance software was working. The new routines will move images that are over the portfolio space restriction to a temporary holding area instead of deleting them from the server. The images will reside there for a set period of time to give the user the opportunity to save them before they are removed from the site. Hope this clears things up. Thanks.

Sincerely,

James Hussein
Managing Member, Net-Model, LLC.

Send Nm Mail to escape Add escape to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged Report Post
 escape

[ Administrator ]
Standard
City, St: Oklahoma City, OK

Thread now locked and replies removed due to excessive flaming. If you have any further questions or concerns regarding my previous post, please contact me directly. Thanks.

James Hussein
Managing Member, Net-Model, LLC.

Send Nm Mail to escape Add escape to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged Report Post
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Settings : [ Open Forum ]

You may post topics
You may post replies
You may post images
You may delete your posts