[ Watch This Topic ]
Show Printer Friendly Message Reply To Topic
Author Topic : Account closure/deletion button please 
Pat_Hayes

Thread Starter / Photographer
City: Redruth
Views : 1983  Jan 29, 2011 7:43am

Suggestion,

Can an "Account Close" button or link be added somewhere prominent on the HOme Page or site?

Or an easy to find button in the 'Account' page,

That way when people want to close their account, (I'm talking people who REALLY want to close their account), not the attention seeking, dummy out the pram, blow smoke up my @rse to make me stay, people want to leave, it's really easy.

Cos I'm sure that some people posting, 'how do I leave', must be really upset when they get people actually telling them how to leave it in one easy post, especially when they see others getting 16 pages of 'Please don't go',

If they weren't suicidal before asking, I'm sure they're well on the way after being told how to go, and not begged to stay.

Just a thought.........

Drinking Tequila is not a bad thing......Drinking Cheap Tequila is not a good thing though

Send Nm Mail to Pat_Hayes Add Pat_Hayes to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
mattharper

Photographer
City: Paignton

No, don't go Pat, please stay!

The lack of a button is to stop spur-of-the-moment and reactive decisions being made by unbalanced, hurt or "I'm going to make a point" members disappearing when they are at a low point. If we had said button, we might find our numbers rather reduced.

I am sure that should such a button have existed, I may have used it before when I have been feeling a bit naffed off. I can hear the cries, damn, wish there was one

Seriously though, I think it is a good thing not having it. Imagine if (IF) your account was hacked, or someone hit it on your computer and then hit confirm. I am sure my ex would have done this at some point when I wasn't looking

--------------------------------------------------------
Matt Harper. Does exactly what it says on the tin

Send Nm Mail to mattharper Add mattharper to your favorites list
Pat_Hayes

Thread Starter / Photographer
City: Redruth

OK then, I'll stay.........................(I wasn't going to leave anyway, but feel much better now for your asking, thanks)

You're probably right in what you say, but bloody 'ell, we seem to be going through a spate of leaving/downgrading/throwing the camera away/my life is shiit posts at the moment,

I'll give it another 6 or 7 years to see if things improve !!!!

Drinking Tequila is not a bad thing......Drinking Cheap Tequila is not a good thing though

Send Nm Mail to Pat_Hayes Add Pat_Hayes to your favorites list
 Razoir

Photographer
City: Crediton

Oh Gawd, the familiar feeling of fence easing it's splintery, pain ful way between my bum cheeks.

I agree with both of you!!!!

(New Year Resolution: Stop over using exclamation marks.)

I do very much like the inherent compassionate thining in the OP but have to also agree with Matt that I think it might open more cans of worms than it closes.

Pat, you do not belong on here, you are clearly a person whot cares. Whatever next, correct gramma. speddling and politeness?

On NM? NEVER, over my dead body.

PS For the sense of humour challenged there is some IRONY in this post.

Huge Hairy Jeremy

And the sunlight clasps the earth,
And the moonbeams kiss the sea -
What are all these kissings worth,
If thou kiss not me?

Percy Bysshe Shelley ~ Love's Philosophy

Send Nm Mail to Razoir Add Razoir to your favorites list
Sukie

Model
City: Derby/Chesterfield/Notts

quoting post from mattharper:

The lack of a button is to stop spur-of-the-moment and reactive decisions being made by unbalanced, hurt or "I'm going to make a point" members disappearing when they are at a low point. If we had said button, we might find our numbers rather reduced.

Totally agree, having to PM escape makes people think properly and gives them a period to calm down and possibly change their minds - not just hit a button while having a paddy. It's a good thing IMHO too.

---------

Yes, a new username. I could live with the fetish erotica written by someone sharing my moniker but the shamefully shoddy cover art was just a step too far...

Send Nm Mail to Sukie Add Sukie to your favorites list
mattharper

Photographer
City: Paignton

quoting post from Sukie:

Totally agree, having to PM escape makes people think properly and gives them a period to calm down and possibly change their minds - not just hit a button while having a paddy. It's a good thing IMHO too.

---------

Yes, a new username. I could live with the fetish erotica written by someone sharing my moniker but the shamefully shoddy cover art was just a step too far...

I thought the face was familiar, but not the name.

Yes, an email to Escape takes thought and also, as you say, a follow up a few hours later may save an account, along with all the references, member level and forum posts remaining

Matt Harper. Does exactly what it says on the tin

Send Nm Mail to mattharper Add mattharper to your favorites list
Elitefoto

Photographer
City: Peterborough

An automatic deletion of accounts that haven't been logged into for the past 3-6 months would be useful....too many people I think set up a free account put on a camera phone picture or two and then are never seen again..if looking through portfolios I would rather see those interested in working without having to check when they last logged in...If people are not coming back then they are probably not going to bother logging in to delete their account and removing all of their images

Send Nm Mail to Elitefoto Add Elitefoto to your favorites list
martyn

Photographer
City: Cardiff

quoting post from  Razoir:

PS For the sense of humour challenged there is some IRONY in this post.

irony?? IRONY???? thats not allowed here I'm reporting you to a moderator Oh you ARE a moderator

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Imagine
ImagiNation
IMAGE WALES
www.imagewales.co.uk

Proud to be a member of the TAFFIA

Send Nm Mail to martyn Add martyn to your favorites list
Andy_B

Photographer
City: London

quoting post from Pat_Hayes:

Cos I'm sure that some people posting, 'how do I leave', must be really upset when they get people actually telling them how to leave it in one easy post, especially when they see others getting 16 pages of 'Please don't go',

Maybe the mods could just instantly delete anyone who posts a 'how do I leave' or 'thinking of leaving' thread.

In the same way that a vet compassionately dispatches a lame horse with a single bullet, these people could be gently eased on their way with the minimum of fuss.

Send Nm Mail to Andy_B Add Andy_B to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged | Edited by Andy_B at 01-31-2011 11:05 PM Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Settings : [ Open Forum ]

You may post topics
You may post replies
You may post images
You may delete your posts