1 user watching this topic.
[ Watch This Topic ]
Show Printer Friendly Message Reply To Topic
Author Topic : Automatic locking of casting threads after date has passed 
Emma_Willis

Thread Starter / Model
City: Lakenheath, Suffolk or London.
Views : 1832  Nov 7, 2011 12:09pm

Would it be possible to do an automatic lock on threads after the casting date has passed??

It's so bloody annoying when models can't read and reply to castings which are months old as it just pushes new posts off the page...

Any way to do that?

Send Nm Mail to Emma_Willis Add Emma_Willis to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
GaryWallace

Photographer
City: Bournemouth

haha........actually - I had a few replies today to an old casting, by mail and also on forum and at least 1 is from someone I will book now - so it isnt always a bad thing - s'funny how I had more replies now than when it was current though

Send Nm Mail to GaryWallace Add GaryWallace to your favorites list
Orsoncarter

Photographer
City: Bath

quoting post from GaryWallace:

haha........actually - I had a few replies today to an old casting, by mail and also on forum and at least 1 is from someone I will book now - so it isnt always a bad thing - s'funny how I had more replies now than when it was current though

Gary - point taken. Late replies can sometimes be useful for future reference. But I think Emma's point was that they can push current posts off the front page, and if a posting is from a full-time model looking for work, that model could miss out. (I'll refrain from commenting about free members' late postings knocking premium members' LFW postings off the front page; I'll also refrain from asking about a casting call system which has been promised for heaven knows how long.)

Send Nm Mail to Orsoncarter Add Orsoncarter to your favorites list
Emma_Willis

Thread Starter / Model
City: Lakenheath, Suffolk or London.

quoting post from Orsoncarter:

Gary - point taken. Late replies can sometimes be useful for future reference. But I think Emma's point was that they can push current posts off the front page, and if a posting is from a full-time model looking for work, that model could miss out. (I'll refrain from commenting about free members' late postings knocking premium members' LFW postings off the front page; I'll also refrain from asking about a casting call system which has been promised for heaven knows how long.)

Yup, my point exactly.

Plus you have to wonder, if models can't check the date on old castings, what other details are they not going to notice?

Send Nm Mail to Emma_Willis Add Emma_Willis to your favorites list
Orsoncarter

Photographer
City: Bath

quoting post from Emma_Willis:

Yup, my point exactly.

Plus you have to wonder, if models can't check the date on old castings, what other details are they not going to notice?

A possible compromise... Replies after the date of the advertised shoot should be automatically diverted as PMs to the OP's inbox. (Just throwing out a suggestion there; even if were thought of favourably, I know it wouldn't be acted upon. Mind you, when we get the casting call system that we've been promised since the days when the bow and arrow was a secret weapon, that should get round the problem.)

Send Nm Mail to Orsoncarter Add Orsoncarter to your favorites list
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Settings : [ Open Forum ]

You may post topics
You may post replies
You may post images
You may delete your posts