[ Watch This Topic ]
Page 2 of 2 | < | 1 | 2 |

Show Printer Friendly Message Reply To Topic
mattharper

Photographer
City: Paignton
RE: Sorry for being thick but.... Jan 3, 2012 6:56am

quoting post from Orsoncarter:

Matt -- my comment was sarcasm. It was NOT aimed at you, but at the promises of changes and improvements that never seem to get beyond being promises. For example, I seem to remember a promise of a designated casting call system a couple of years ago (can't see any sign of it yet), and there's also the matter of the model saftey thingie which has supposedly been in hand for, erm, how long? A year? Maybe more?

Regarding the changes that were promised three or four months ago, if 1% of them ever become reality...

As for the subs, I'm unemployed but I can honestly say that saving £50 a year will make sod all difference to my well-being. It's a drop in the ocean. However, I don't like the feeling of the piss being taken, so when my subs are due in June I won't be renewing either.

I hope that by June, it will be a very different picture, (no pun intended), people will be shooting more, hopefully, some changes will have happened by then and the summer happiness thing will have kicked in.

£50 - £80 (whatever it is) a year is nothing really, but it is when your bank account is empty

I don't argue about the price, I have been more than happy to pay it, but as things are tight, it has made me think, it has made me want more for my money than a free member pretty much gets for nought.

Send Nm Mail to mattharper Add mattharper to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
bolton_tog

Photographer
City: Bolton
RE: Sorry for being thick but.... Jan 3, 2012 1:00pm

quoting post from FastEddie:

That's me cancelled too.

www.fasteddieglamour.co.uk

I’v canceled as well having been a loyal member since 2006 I feel the site has become stagnant the promises of change never seem to happen the OTT moderation is laughable, so like many others I’m voting with my subscription.

I truly believe It’s time the management woke to what is happening on this once wonderful site before there are no paying members left.

Send Nm Mail to bolton_tog Add bolton_tog to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged | Edited by bolton_tog at 01-03-2012 2:43 PM Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
RebeccaAmy

Model
City: Merseyside
RE: Sorry for being thick but.... Jan 3, 2012 1:10pm

quoting post from FastEddie:

Net Model has stood still while other sites have progressed at a great rate.

New sites have started recently with a fresh new outlook and they are taking off like wildfire while poor old NM goes stale.

What sites?

I've been a bit stale myself lately...so I'm not exactly in the know anymore

Click 'RebeccaAmy: Modelling' below...

Send Nm Mail to RebeccaAmy Add RebeccaAmy to your favorites list
aviaandy

Photographer
City: Bridgend
RE: Sorry for being thick but.... Jan 3, 2012 1:27pm

I have gone to free membership for all the previous stated reasons, the world does move on and this is the same as any business, if it stands still it is effectively going backwards. New fresh sites will pop up and go all the time some may stay the distance but they will be ones that move the fastest to change.

Send Nm Mail to aviaandy Add aviaandy to your favorites list
KpH

Photographer
City: Benfleet
RE: Sorry for being thick but.... Jan 3, 2012 2:07pm

Peeps, presumably, those of us on annual payment simply dont pay on next renewal? Mine is due end of march, so will be down to free membership then.

kev

Send Nm Mail to KpH Add KpH to your favorites list
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
Page 2 of 2 | < | 1 | 2 |

Forum Settings : [ Open Forum ]

You may post topics
You may post replies
You may post images
You may delete your posts