alias : pwd :       secure login | forgot pwd? ]
6 members online. 
2 users watching this topic.
[ Watch This Topic ]
Show Printer Friendly Message Reply To Topic
Author Topic : Is Circle's success the start of things to come in the NHS? 
martyn

Thread Starter / Photographer
City: Cardiff
Views : 1370  Aug 1, 2012 3:51pm

This was the headline in an emailed newsletter that arrived in my inbox earlier today, and I immediately thought of a certain person here

Is Circle's success the start of things to come in the NHS?

http://www.publicservice.co.uk/emails/ps-newsletter.html?utm_source=MailingList&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=PS+Weekly+010812

Martyn
Imagine
ImagiNation
IMAGEWALES

Send Nm Mail to martyn Add martyn to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
 Razoir

Photographer
City: Crediton

Having suffered two pay cuts over the last year (one of £1500 a year and one in relation to changes in pension contributions) and facing another due to changes in working practices, my colleagues and I are REALLY chuffed that the local NHS Trusts have banded together to form a consortium (probably unlawfully as they have used NHS money to create this despicable organisation) which is now talking about a FURTHER 5% pay cut and an increase in working hours and a cut in annual leave allowance.

Now, nurses get quite a lot of leave BUT that was always seen as essential due to the high stress levels involved in nursing.

In a research paper a while back it was claimed that the top 10 most stressful occupations include: 1. Nursing and 10. Prison work, so guess who gets in the top 10 TWICE at the same bluddy time? What do they think I am, a ruddy Beatle?

I make no secret of my depression and have in the past been very ill with it. How the bright blue and green knicker elastic are any of us going to stay sane with this nonsense.

Well done Ken, though.

Huge Hairy Jeremy

Remember, Trolls' brains are silica based and only function properly at temperatures lower than minus 72 degrees Kevin.

Send Nm Mail to Razoir Add Razoir to your favorites list
DavidL

Photographer
City: Postling, Hythe

+1

And the fact that it is the same for those who work for nearly all, if not all, government organisations is no consolation. My pay (in education) has also been cut from September, having had no pay rise for 18 years.

And an interesting twist to this is that I paid £26000 expenses last year, which were not reimbursed. Was there something about MP's expenses that I heard a wee while ago?

It is enough to give anyone depression.

DavidL

Send Nm Mail to DavidL Add DavidL to your favorites list
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Settings : [ Open Forum ]

You may post topics
You may post replies
You may post images
You may delete your posts