Views : 2077  Aug 31, 2012 10:02am

WHATS HAPPENED TO NET-MODEL.......

Send Nm Mail to max78 Add max78 to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
RobGolding

Photographer
City: Tewkesbury
RE: where have all the aussies gone Aug 31, 2012 11:22am

233 posts since 2006, they probably went wherever you did...

Send Nm Mail to RobGolding Add RobGolding to your favorites list
Hawthorn

Photographer
City: Melbourne

Yes.
I don't understand! It seems that models are not joining up anymore, & when you don't have models the togs start leaving.
Only a few years ago there would be new models every weekend. I seemed like they went out Friday & Saturday nights, and their friends suggested that they should give it a try, so they then uploaded their details.
Unfortunately they weren't serious enough & didn't show up, or cancelled booking at the last minute.
Some other sites ask that they put a little effort into presenting themselves, which seems to sort out a lot of the ones that expect the world to beat a path to their door.

Send Nm Mail to Hawthorn Add Hawthorn to your favorites list
 MichaelSmith

Photographer
City: Adelaide

quoting post from RobGolding:

233 posts since 2006, they probably went wherever you did...

To be fair, max78 has been a little tied up ....

Send Nm Mail to MichaelSmith Add MichaelSmith to your favorites list
q6photos

Photographer
City: Perth,Hamilton Hill

To Model Mayhem??
Like the models.

Send Nm Mail to q6photos Add q6photos to your favorites list
Rimfire

Photographer
City: Gosford/ Central Coast- N.S.W.

I replied to 2 models that posted work availability within the genres I shoot.
Not one of them bothered to reply. A paid work offer..
I make girls $450 an hour so go figure as both girls folios indicate they shoot these genres.
This site is dead in the water as far as models go .
Sorry !!!!!!!
I have had 5 replies within the last 24 hours on MM for the same casting call I put on here months ago on MM and have 5 bookings over the next 2 weeks.
Not a single enquiry through here.
RIP !!!
Over 12 months ago I received several enquiries from upcoming models looking to *better themselves in the industry* and I replied in length to a couple of them and one has actually taken on board what I said and actually done well for herself.
The other thought she knew too much and was typical of todays generation* Me society* thought she knew everything blew me away etc for having the audacity of offering advice. ( 30 years in the industry obviously means nothing to these newcombers that think shooting with a couple of GWC's makes them world experts in their field
She crashed like the rest of the majority of newcombers to the industry. y Those that think that a couple of self shot phone camera's will make them international stars without putting in the time and effort to actually show they are worthy of their time, generally don't succeed and are contacted by GWC's who's total endevor is to delude these girls into untowarding acts that destroy both their confidence and working prospects.
Most newcomber models wont even take the time to read what I have just written , but for those that do, a single personal enquiry with a question or two can make or do yourself the world of good and give you some valuable insight into the modelling fraternity, requirements to make it etc !!!
Questions cost little, and advice is free,but the failure to do so , can be costly .
I'm the first to admit that I don't know everything, and only a fool would say they do, but if I have a question to ask I do it- and don't feel useless for doing so

Send Nm Mail to Rimfire Add Rimfire to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged | Edited by Rimfire at 10-05-2012 8:52 AM Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
jlmiller

Photographer
City: Perth

Good question, for me one day I was on here for about 2 years and then before I knew it I was on Model Mayhem and a facebook. I rarely make it back here. Mainly because the models on here never reply or do a lot of no shows so I had to move to another site. when this site was tops it was definitely the site to go to.

Send Nm Mail to jlmiller Add jlmiller to your favorites list
hartpaul

Photographer
City: Murwillumbah

Well I have not been here for about 8 months and have just deleted all my images and uploaded a new set. (Am wondering for what purpose though)
As mentioned in this and some other posts , arguments and bullying have contributed to some of the absences in the forums.

Lack of suitable models and their communications may be another to reduce photographers.
I am suggesting that lack of paying opportunities for both models, makeup artists and photographers may also be a big contribution. Everyone wants it free and are not prepared to pay their own way, or are not prepared to put in the extra effort.

Lastly the website organisers / controllers etc are not keeping the site up to date and eliminating the deadwood.
Just viewed a folio where the model was last active in July 2005. Yes thats over 7 years ago. The pictures are the same age and were added in 2004. So the model would not look like those images now and is probably no longer modelling / dead.

Net-model must get rid of all the driftwood to be taken seriously at all. Any folio that has not been accessed in at least a year should be regarded as pending deletion, a general mail sent to the folio owner and lacking a response in 14 days then delete that folio.

That way it makes it easier for all to search and fine active or possibly active models.
Am guessing from the spread of comments on this forum that very few will read in the next couple of months.

Send Nm Mail to hartpaul Add hartpaul to your favorites list
MsRhi

Model
City: Canberra

I didn't find this site as user friendly as others. When I joined here I was pretty inexperienced and did not receive serious or encouraging enquiries - but quite unreasonable and creepy messages.
I have just logged back on out of curiosity and deleted and updated things.

Send Nm Mail to MsRhi Add MsRhi to your favorites list
 MichaelSmith

Photographer
City: Adelaide

Like Paul, I update my portfolio on here every so often, but don't really know why I still do it.

I'm not even using Model Mayhem much these days, good old fashioned networking (facilitated by Facebook) seems to work best for me these days for sourcing models.

That the front page of the Aussie forum has threads going back to April last year says it all really.

Even successors to this forum (such as Time For Print) are now barren wastelands.

Send Nm Mail to MichaelSmith Add MichaelSmith to your favorites list
brisman

Photographer
City: Brisbane

I'm still here!

Send Nm Mail to brisman Add brisman to your favorites list
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >

Moderators :

lrphoto

Forum Settings : [ Open Forum ]