[ Watch This Topic ]
Show Printer Friendly Message Reply To Topic
Author Topic : Coments and thoughts please 
SPSPhotography

Thread Starter / Photographer
City: Maidenhead
Views : 1413  Mar 7, 2013 8:38am

Hi

I have just added and deleted a few shots on my portfolio, after my latest shoot on Tuesday.

I would be very grateful for any comments and thoughts anyone has, both positive (hopefully) and constrively negative.

Many thanks,

Rich

Send Nm Mail to SPSPhotography Add SPSPhotography to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
MattMiller

Photographer
City: Southend on Sea
RE: Coments and thoughts please Mar 7, 2013 1:46pm

quoting post from SPSPhotography:

Hi

I have just added and deleted a few shots on my portfolio, after my latest shoot on Tuesday.

I would be very grateful for any comments and thoughts anyone has, both positive (hopefully) and constrively negative.

Many thanks,

Rich

The composition of you work is fine, its quite head shotty but that's often where people serious about model photography default to,
The only thing that really leaps to mind is the lack of Photoshop, its fine not using it if you are reporter or if you,re working on an arty project about the raw, real faces of people, but you don't say that your are in your notes, ...
Tight head shots reveal every lump and bump and blemish and if your are offering TF you might find your uptake is a little thin, photography can be about real life, but in this corner of the scene it its more often not. Model photography is generally about an ideal, its striving towards the creation of something better than reality, that's what models generally want and so will the audience for your work, in general the further away you divorce your work from reality the more popular it will be, models will travel a long way to work with a photographer that can put them in other realities or poses or make them look different. conversely models are unlikely to travel far to have their zits highlighted (there is always exceptions of course)

two other things ... selective colour ... please no ... my eyes, my eyes

lastly from a folio text point of view its probably best not to be negative, you may have been let down in the past, and it may get on your goat but putting caveats in your folio is off putting, (I use them precisely for that reason), details like phone numbers and confirmations can be arranged once you are in communication.

None of this is critical, just some observations. im sure others will have entirely different takes.

Send Nm Mail to MattMiller Add MattMiller to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Settings : [ Open Forum ]

You may post topics
You may post replies
You may post images
You may delete your posts