1 user watching this topic.
[ Watch This Topic ]
Show Printer Friendly Message Reply To Topic
Author Topic : This is a calling for Photographers in the Yorkshire Region 
Toplass

Thread Starter / Model
City: Rotherham
Views : 2470  Oct 7, 2014 6:55am

A new outstandingly beautiful club, is looking for Pictures for inside the club, which will be blown to A1 (possibly bigger) size.
I am to be the face for promo materials such as leaflets, web, invitations and so forth.
I am also the face & body, full nude some body parts hidden possibly with feathers, beads, paint all ideas are welcomed.
Also head shots, natural, painted, heavy dramatic make up, again looking for ideas and inspiration from yourself as the photographer.
This work will be unpaid work to the photographer, but discussions of rights to photo's to be discussed with model & photographer.
Payment to model, will be paid and negotiated by/with the club itself and photo's for model's portfolio to be agreed with model and photographer.
This shoot will take place in the club, using any/all props available, ideally photo's will match it's beautiful, classy decor.
Shoot to take place can be a Wednesday/Thursday ideally early evening, due to clubs operational hours not of the norm.
Week targeted to do shoot would be week commencing the 13th of October but this is flexible.
Please feel free to email me any questions as I'm sure there is something I haven't covered.

Kindest Regards,

Send Nm Mail to Toplass Add Toplass to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
 pep

Photographer
City: Northeast / North Yorkshire

Ha.. quality..

1: unpaid work to the photographer...
2: discussions of rights to (the photographers) photo's... ( I don't think so )

I'm surprised they've not mentioned that "the work would be good for your portfolio / exposure"

at least state it may 'benefit' talented amateur or photography student..

best of luck with that...

Send Nm Mail to pep Add pep to your favorites list
keithht

Photographer
City: KEIGHLEY

Hopefully no-one will respond to this positively it is a brazen attempt to
obtain for free pictures that should be taken on a professional basis whether by someone from this site or a working photographer.
If this club is so good then pay a good photographer to produce the images.
Further it is devaluing photographers as a whole saying their work isn't of any intrinsic value, shame on you Toplass

Send Nm Mail to keithht Add keithht to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged | Edited by keithht at 10-07-2014 1:33 PM Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
JadedRed

Model
City: Thurrock

Photographers are constantly trying to get models' services without providing monetary pay, fair's fair.

Send Nm Mail to JadedRed Add JadedRed to your favorites list
keithht

Photographer
City: KEIGHLEY

The people behind this offer are seeking to profit from the photographers images and knowledge why should they benefit financially and refuse to pay.
Oh and by the way JadedRed I, don't work commercially but still offer to defray the models travelling expenses at the very least and if I was going to use the models images commercially then I would expect to pay her rates.
Most models who advertise on this and the many other photographer/model sites quote rates and expect to be paid and mostly are.

Send Nm Mail to keithht Add keithht to your favorites list
Toplass

Thread Starter / Model

Hello All,

I certainly did not mean to offend. I have very little experience in posting ads as such.
Like I said, feel free to ask, I'm sure there will be things I haven't covered!
Expenses of course! "Yes", this should be paid to the photographer.
I meant no disrespect!, please accept my apologies.
If you could/would email your requirements, that would be very helpful.
Please accept my sincere apologies, it is only lack of experience & not anything other.

Kindest Regards!

Toplass

Thread Starter / Model

Hello All,

I certainly did not mean to offend. I have very little experience in posting ads as such.
Like I said, feel free to ask, I'm sure there will be things I haven't covered!
Expenses of course! "Yes", this should be paid to the photographer.
I meant no disrespect!, please accept my apologies.
If you could/would email your requirements, that would be very helpful.
Please accept my sincere apologies, it is only lack of experience & not anything other.

Kindest Regards!

Woods_Photography

Photographer
City: London

As usual photographers (better not call them togs) getting on their high horse about shooting for free. If it's not your cup of tea then you don't take up the offer but why berate the original poster? I am sure there are some togs (oops) photographers who would like the chance of this assignment to give them experience particularly if they are just starting/breaking into the commercial world, or somebody who just wants to do something different or it sounds fun. She is unlikely to get a professional photographer but if she understand the limits what's the harm? Yes I know someone will reply doing a professional photographer out of a job but hey its a free market, possibly literally in this case.

Send Nm Mail to Woods_Photography Add Woods_Photography to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged | Edited by Woods_Photography at 10-08-2014 8:58 AM Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
 Razoir

Photographer
City: Crediton

quoting post from JadedRed:

Photographers are constantly trying to get models' services without providing monetary pay, fair's fair.

That may occasionally be the case but I hope you are not going down the road of 'TF/P is not paid work,' as you know better.

I think the club should get Uncle Bert to do these shots on his 'phone.

I am well placed to do these to a very high standard as I am currently shooting 36Mg. Pixels and am doing so through a Cambo rig that allows for a good range of technical movements to correct verticals etc, in a confined space. I would be happy to do the shoot for a sensible fee, even a discounted fee if they put up a TF incentive but if they want me to shoot for free; they can kiss my Aspidistra!

This is a bloody cheek.

Huge Hairy Jeremy

Remember, Trolls' brains are silica based and only function properly at temperatures lower than minus 72 degrees Kevin.

Send Nm Mail to Razoir Add Razoir to your favorites list
Toplass

Thread Starter / Model

Thanks Woods Photography, that was exactly my thought!
F.y.I, The bigger picture to doing this shoot is this.
I work/for an agency whom I'm registered with and receive daily work from them. This agency is worldwide from the U.K to Japan more importantly with over 2000 registered pole dancers, (not all are beautiful, but most are), whom many have no experience of modelling and lack knowledge of how to go about it, let's be honest their bodies are their asserts not their brains lol.
Also there are so many venues which can be we'll established to just opening like the one I've originally posted about.
After receiving very useful information from a very nice Gentleman I am now aware of what would/should be required from a photographer.
Like to reiterate I didn't mean to offend and have nothing to be "ashamed of", but Thank You to all those photographers whom have messaged me personally.

JadedRed

Model
City: Thurrock

quoting post from  Razoir:

That may occasionally be the case but I hope you are not going down the road of 'TF/P is not paid work,' as you know better.

If TFP is paid work then so is this. What's good for the goose...

Just like all the modelling work that offers zero money, if you don't like it don't take it. If you're any good you will get paid and this isn't for you anyway.

But amongst photographers and models there will always be people who aren't good enough to get paid (in money) but will be happy to work without pay for the non-monetary benefits. Hence we have trade.

Send Nm Mail to JadedRed Add JadedRed to your favorites list
Orsoncarter

Photographer
City: Bath

quoting post from Woods_Photography:

As usual photographers (better not call them togs) getting on their high horse about shooting for free. If it's not your cup of tea then you don't take up the offer but why berate the original poster? I am sure there are some togs (oops) photographers who would like the chance of this assignment to give them experience particularly if they are just starting/breaking into the commercial world, or somebody who just wants to do something different or it sounds fun. She is unlikely to get a professional photographer but if she understand the limits what's the harm? Yes I know someone will reply doing a professional photographer out of a job but hey its a free market, possibly literally in this case.

+1

Send Nm Mail to Orsoncarter Add Orsoncarter to your favorites list
 Diceman199

Photographer
City: Uxbridge

So the "big" picture is that it's an INTERNATIONAL organisation who want the shots for their promotional slots and they can afford to pay for a model but not the photographer?

So the model makes money, the organisation hope to increase the amount they make and the photographer gets none?

Sorry but if you're an international organisation then surely you can afford to shell out a few quid for the use of over a thousands quids worth of equipment (or more) and a competent operator for that kit?

While I agree that if you don't like it don't do it is a fair enough rule of thumb but there's a difference between doing something for a small start up business or a beginner model and a multinational company wanting free shots....that's just taking the piss

Send Nm Mail to Diceman199 Add Diceman199 to your favorites list
Toplass

Thread Starter / Model

I truly wish I'd never bothered to post this.
The client is the new venue, but the agency is the International organisation who the club works closely with and only 8 months ago was only a concept which has taken off at an unbelievable rate.
The venue is at its final stages and only did the photography work come up in conversation by myself as I'm a member of this site and suggested that rather than use a local photographer to the venue that I would be able to 1.offer the work, to the many photographers out there that post " Have spare few hours to shoot , any ideas welcomed, just getting back into it" and so on and where "models paid in way of pictures".
The venue I'm sure have allocated funding for this and will be able to confirm after the meeting on Friday and f.y.i I will be paid in way of less commission taken from my nightly earnings.
My thoughts behind posting the post was that the photographer would be "in the door" so to speak and then all work to follow would come by way of recommendations but your work would be visible to see, displayed locally but seen worldwide throughout our industry so there fore needing no introduction.
The agency would not Tender out any work but contact yourselves directly, as you would already know what would be expected.
At my meeting I'm happy to just say I couldn't help find a photographer it's no skin of my nose!
However for those photographers who were positively understanding, whom in boxed me etc.. In future anything that comes up I shall endeavour to contact you personally!

Toplass

Thread Starter / Model

This is for those who positively in boxed me & for those who saw the good in my post.
Although the meeting is not until Friday the 10th at 8p.m, I would appreciate if you would/could inbox me your dates of availability over the next two weeks where you're free to travel to York, with a quotation of none negotiable fees/expenses and all you require. Please provide either links to your web Addy or you can select yourself a handful of your chosen work where you think would relate to the job offer/would stand out from the next photographer.
1. More thing if you could in a short paragraph say why you think you would be suitable for this shoot.

Kindest regards.

OriginalImage

Photographer
City: Gidea Park

Did anyone front nm do this?

Topless did this go anywhere and if so has the photographer gone anywhere with the agency?

Send Nm Mail to OriginalImage Add OriginalImage to your favorites list
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Settings : [ Open Forum ]

You may post topics
You may post replies
You may post images
You may delete your posts