[ Watch This Topic ]
Show Printer Friendly Message Reply To Topic
Author Topic : Fresh model agency in Brighton - advice please 
Blondehaze

Thread Starter / Model
City: East Sussex
Views : 1532  Jan 2, 2015 9:05am

Hi,

Does anyone know much about this agency? I am on their books and considering paying £49 to go on their website. However I am hesitant to do this as there's no guarantee they will get me work. Is anyone with them? How has it been?

This is their website - http://www.freshagents.co.uk/join-fresh

Any advice would be much appreciated. Cheers

Send Nm Mail to Blondehaze Add Blondehaze to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
MrSpock

Photographer
City: Croydon

I have not had much experience with Agencies, some have exclusive contracts and the model loses her other work, when i have shot an agency model, they take a large cut out of the money and the model ends up with half what she would have had at the going rates. Very often they get very little work too.

If you are already on their books, do you get much work from them already, if not you probably wont get much more if you pay.

if i had to choose between 2 models one with an agency and one not, i would book the one that wasn't with an agency.

The direct contact with the model when booking is a good reason too.

Martin

Send Nm Mail to MrSpock Add MrSpock to your favorites list
 Diceman199

Photographer
City: Uxbridge

Personally i'd be wary of any agency that wants you to pay them.

As MrSpock said they take a cut when they get you work, so it's in their interest to promote you with photos etc.

Send Nm Mail to Diceman199 Add Diceman199 to your favorites list
 Peter_Birch

Photographer
City: London

Look them up online. There's plenty of information and you can judge for yourself.

Send Nm Mail to Peter_Birch Add Peter_Birch to your favorites list
 Ace

Photographer
City: Reading

quoting post from Blondehaze:

Hi,

Does anyone know much about this agency? I am on their books and considering paying £49 to go on their website. However I am hesitant to do this as there's no guarantee they will get me work. Is anyone with them? How has it been?

This is their website - http://www.freshagents.co.uk/join-fresh

Any advice would be much appreciated. Cheers

Short Answer: They are probably genuine but doubtful as to how hard they will work on your behalf.

Long Answer:
I think they are genuine agency and have heard of them before but that doesn't mean that they won't take you money even if there is no realistic chance of getting you work.

A few agencies charge for website of book representation these days, particularly those dealing with actors. The Ugly Agency charges about £200 pa I think.

Try and find someone who is on their books that you know or who is also on an internet site and drop them a line and ask how they find the agency. I did a quick look and only found two models I know of. This is a good tip when thinking about working with any agency or photographer.

Certainly with the child section, they are taking entries of some no hopers. I can say this as I am a signed photographer for one of the child agencies.

You might try Signature Models, http://www.signaturemodels.co.uk

I have had no dealings with them but they state they will charge you £50 deductible from your first job, which sounds fair enough.

You could also try Elliott Brown hhttp://www.elliottbrownagency.co.uk although if you don't have much commercial experience it might be worth hanging on for a while. These guys won't accept you unless they think that they can place you and their client will hire you. It's a proper grown up agency but not in London. I've hired from them loads of times.

Hope this helps.

Ace, Ace baby! on www.acestudios.co.uk

Link: Singnature Models
Send Nm Mail to Ace Add Ace to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged | Edited by Ace at 01-02-2015 3:35 PM Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Settings : [ Open Forum ]

You may post topics
You may post replies
You may post images
You may delete your posts