alias : pwd :       secure login | forgot pwd? ]
6 members online. 
1 user watching this topic.
[ Watch This Topic ]
Page 1 of 2 | 1 | 2 | > |

Show Printer Friendly Message Reply To Topic
Author Topic : What is the point of this site? 
anthonyh

Thread Starter / Photographer
City: Ramsgate and Chelmsford
Views : 3512  Nov 2, 2015 10:19am

As the title says....it doesn't seem to be about doing shoots etc....so it must have another function to keep a small (very small) but very 'hard core' following? No puns intended there....

Opinions?

Send Nm Mail to anthonyh Add anthonyh to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
JayBee

Photographer
City: London

...To share some excellent images (occasionally !) like those on your portfolio, perhaps ?

...Just a thought !

Send Nm Mail to JayBee Add JayBee to your favorites list
anthonyh

quoting post from JayBee:

...To share some excellent images (occasionally !) like those on your portfolio, perhaps ?

...Just a thought !

I think it was maybe two years back that I last put an image on here. I'm mainly on Purpleport now......I sometimes mention this site to any current models (when talking about the old days lol) and I haven't found one that has heard of N-M for quite a time now.

I too hope things might change....but realistically...it's not going to. I keep thinking that somewhere in the States, forgotten in a basement somewhere, a lonely server keeps on chugging away....and will do so until the HD is full....or it dies of neglect!!

MattMiller

Photographer
City: Southend on Sea

I use this site to send coded messages to my operatives ...

Send Nm Mail to MattMiller Add MattMiller to your favorites list
fredericks

Photographer
City: Southampton

I've heard that changes are in the pipeline.
So hang on in there but don't hold your breath?

Send Nm Mail to fredericks Add fredericks to your favorites list
Elitefoto

Photographer
City: Peterborough

Purpleport, N-M and Purestorm...all the same really..same people only the names are different..not one is better than the other for that reason!

Send Nm Mail to Elitefoto Add Elitefoto to your favorites list
anthonyh

quoting post from fredericks:

I've heard that changes are in the pipeline.
So hang on in there but don't hold your breath?

I don't think anything has changed in a few years now...but people keep saying there are changes in the pipeline......or words to that effect!

NoNoizePhotography

Photographer
City: Croydon

I still feel it's a good site for it's simplicity alone, I stay because I like the site

Send Nm Mail to NoNoizePhotography Add NoNoizePhotography to your favorites list
Kenp

Photographer
City: Weymouth/Portland DT3

quoting post from MattMiller:

Aphrodite fruit bowl in the morning.

Send Nm Mail to Kenp Add Kenp to your favorites list
aoxomedia

Photographer
City: Bedford

I still log on occasionally but the site has nothing to offer any longer. A shame really.
Model Mayhem has little to offer these days as well. That's a shame too because ten years ago it was huge here in the UK. My first casting got three hundred responses.
Purpleport now leads all of the activity in the UK now and I've noticed it's started to get a number of US members.

Send Nm Mail to aoxomedia Add aoxomedia to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged | Edited by aoxomedia at 11-06-2015 4:57 AM Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
InSyncModel

Model
City, St: Marshall, MO
RE: What is the point of this site? Jan 22, 2016 10:30pm

quoting post from MattMiller:

Lol! Good one

Send Nm Mail to InSyncModel Add InSyncModel to your favorites list
CGImages

Photographer
City: a

Perhaps if they offered a maximum number of images for free users - as PurplePort does - rather than the limited storage allocation that would help?

It would encourage more images to be uploaded, and at better quality.

Send Nm Mail to CGImages Add CGImages to your favorites list
acepainter

Photographer
City: Grimsby

i said much the same a while ago , i only check in once a month or so now .

Send Nm Mail to acepainter Add acepainter to your favorites list
rmsoansphotography

Photographer

The point of this site is to gawp at the images, try get a shoot, send a few pms, only for the models not to show any signs of interest after two pms sent, hold your breath to see if they will reply. If they do reply, its either because they are too expensive, or don't like you personally (i.e. think you are ugly)

Send a few pms to fake profiles who's accounts will never get verified on this site

Last model I actually got on this site to have a shoot with, was 3 years ago

Send Nm Mail to rmsoansphotography Add rmsoansphotography to your favorites list
Photodreams

Photographer
City: Telford

Been on this site for some years, and the last time i shot with a model booked through this site must have been a couple of years ago.

Not really sure why i stay on here... probably just can't be bothered to delete my profile.

As others have said... i have responded to Model castings, but just don't get a reply, or a request for payments (usually way over the top) and often from models with Zero experience.

Send Nm Mail to Photodreams Add Photodreams to your favorites list
 Njay

Photographer
City: Market Harborough

I recently joined and I have to agree with Photodreams.
Most models do not even have the good manners to reply to the messages sent to them!!
I would ask the models on this site the simple question .. Why join a modelling site if you are not prepared to respond to messages sent to you?

Send Nm Mail to Njay Add Njay to your favorites list
 NoNoizePhotography

Photographer

quoting post from  Njay:

I recently joined and I have to agree with Photodreams.
Most models do not even have the good manners to reply to the messages sent to them!!
I would ask the models on this site the simple question .. Why join a modelling site if you are not prepared to respond to messages sent to you?

Most models on here do reply eventually, I think some people forget that other sites are more up to date with their tech (as in linked to facebook, twitter, instagram etc), saying that it still doesn't mean you'll get an immediate reply or even within a few days - It's just the way it is with some new models. I contacted two recently new models (or girls who'd like to try modelling) and they both responded that day...although one got removed from the site (probably fake) - but my point is - it takes time for some to get back and reply, and if they've been swamped with mail from photographers and they are only free members with ltd mail.........you can guess the rest

Send Nm Mail to NoNoizePhotography Add NoNoizePhotography to your favorites list
 Njay

Photographer
City: Market Harborough

quoting post from  NoNoizePhotography:

Most models on here do reply eventually, I think some people forget that other sites are more up to date with their tech (as in linked to facebook, twitter, instagram etc), saying that it still doesn't mean you'll get an immediate reply or even within a few days - It's just the way it is with some new models. I contacted two recently new models (or girls who'd like to try modelling) and they both responded that day...although one got removed from the site (probably fake) - but my point is - it takes time for some to get back and reply, and if they've been swamped with mail from photographers and they are only free members with ltd mail.........you can guess the rest

I will keep that in mind and I admit that one model did contact me quickly ... I forgot about the limited number of emails. Thanks.

Send Nm Mail to Njay Add Njay to your favorites list
pep

Photographer
City: Northeast / North Yorkshire
RE: What is the point of this site? Jan 28, 2016 11:20am

remember also.. just because you contacted them they don't have to reply to you.. especially as has been pointed out, 4 emails per day for free accounts..

Do with there were more active northern models though.. esp northeast..

Send Nm Mail to pep Add pep to your favorites list
Russb

Photographer
City: Reading
RE: What is the point of this site? Jan 28, 2016 12:53pm

quoting post from  NoNoizePhotography:

Happy New Year ! my first visit in 2016. I doubt models would get swamped with mails these days so few people use the site, though those that do keep visiting my portfolio: the view total creeps upwards. Still it takes all sorts !

Send Nm Mail to Russb Add Russb to your favorites list
 doctorontop
[ Moderator ]

Photographer
City: La Condamine

A slow site is not such a bad thing, castings tend to stay on the front page far longer than on faster sites. We live in a multisite world a listing seen on one site is a crab shoot as to where point of contact is finally made. With the myriad of ways we can digitally interact with each other, individual preferences rule.

John.

A Cynic is what an Idealist calls a Realist.

10% Photographer 90% Digital Bulldozer.

Send Nm Mail to doctorontop Add doctorontop to your favorites list
 NoNoizePhotography

Photographer

quoting post from  doctorontop:

A slow site is not such a bad thing, castings tend to stay on the front page far longer than on faster sites. We live in a multisite world a listing seen on one site is a crab shoot as to where point of contact is finally made. With the myriad of ways we can digitally interact with each other, individual preferences rule.

John.

A Cynic is what an Idealist calls a Realist.

10% Photographer 90% Digital Bulldozer.

True, very true

branden_valentino

Model
City: Colchester area

lots of fakes on this site, you notify the site of a fake profile or fake email that bounces back from the so called model who may reply once and the site does nothing about them even when you give evidence of it happening.

Send Nm Mail to branden_valentino Add branden_valentino to your favorites list
johnlp

Photographer

I started on this site and it gave me the first 10 or so shoots, so I'm very grateful to it, but I'm only on here today to remove all photos and notes from my profile. I rarely give the site a thought.

Send Nm Mail to johnlp Add johnlp to your favorites list
MrWrite

Photographer
City, St: Soquel, CA

Quote:

lots of fakes on this site

So true. That is why so few agencies are listed in California. A real agency must be licensed with the Department of Industrial Relations. When someone comes onto Net-model and claims to be an agency in California, I look them up. If they are not listed, they are fake. I report the fakes and the posting goes off.

Send Nm Mail to MrWrite Add MrWrite to your favorites list
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
Page 1 of 2 | 1 | 2 | > |

Moderators :

bullet, doctorontop, Gregory_Mason, persistentvision

Forum Settings : [ Open Forum ]

You may post topics
You may post replies
You may post images
You may delete your posts