7 members online. 
[ Watch This Topic ]
Show Printer Friendly Message Reply To Topic
Author Topic : why o why o why ? 
photostore

Thread Starter / Photographer
City: fife
Views : 1026  Mar 4, 2016 2:59pm

Is it, that if i scroll back day by day on the new models list, specifically looking at Scotland, do i get all the way back to the 14th sept 2015 before i finally find a model folio with an actual uploaded photo on display !

Can anyone offer a reason as to why you can join a forum like this as a model and never have to upload a picture at any point ? I personally do not have a filter that remedies invisibility.

Send Nm Mail to photostore Add photostore to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
MrSpock

Photographer
City: Croydon
RE: why o why o why ? Mar 4, 2016 4:48pm

Yes, the problem occurs with free members, if they load up a picture, and then find the 700k only allows 1 picture they delete it, and cant upload a new one for 7 days.

Some put pictures up, then a week later delete them all, often after a few sarcastic comments have been put on them, then they dont come back again. Delete the picture also deletes the comments, but then its another 7 days again before they can upload a new one to replace it.

The numbers of longstanding models has dropped to a few, and there are many with 0 refs and 0 worked with and 0 pictures.

i often see on well known models
comment that they hardly ever look here now.

Send Nm Mail to MrSpock Add MrSpock to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged | Edited by MrSpock at 03-04-2016 5:51 PM Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
fredericks

Photographer
City: Southampton
RE: why o why o why ? Mar 4, 2016 6:19pm

IMHO,
Partly above but I also think models expect photographers to flock to them as soon as they appear on websites, get disappointed when that doesn't happen, and pull their profile.
Also perhaps they create a profile with no images and expect to get images from shoots to later post on their profiles and then - get disappointed when that doesn't happen, and pull their profile?

Send Nm Mail to fredericks Add fredericks to your favorites list
 Ana45

Model
City: Wallasey Village
RE: why o why o why ? Mar 4, 2016 6:42pm

Can I just say I've been on here awhile always had photos on but I get more work and response from other websites like PP.
I'm always happy to discuss a shoot and if we can arrange then that's great

Send Nm Mail to Ana45 Add Ana45 to your favorites list
 Njay

Photographer
City: Market Harborough
RE: why o why o why ? Mar 6, 2016 5:18am

I agree with all the comments, but it does seem ridiculous that a model would wish to be on a site if they don't post a single photo. Ana45, you will get more work from other sites because the other sites allow more photos to be uploaded, which encourages models to join and therefore, encourages photographers also. Having said that, you will always get work Ana.

Send Nm Mail to Njay Add Njay to your favorites list
MattMiller

Photographer
City: Southend on Sea
RE: why o why o why ? Mar 6, 2016 5:45am

quoting post from fredericks:

IMHO,
Partly above but I also think models expect photographers to flock to them as soon as they appear on websites, get disappointed when that doesn't happen, and pull their profile.
Also perhaps they create a profile with no images and expect to get images from shoots to later post on their profiles and then - get disappointed when that doesn't happen, and pull their profile?

Its actually the other way around (or it used to be when there was more traffic here), Apon joining models would get bombarded with requests, creepy comments, and scammy "get your tits out and I'll make you famous" messages, even if the messages were all kosher there would be too many to respond to with a free account. ... There was a whole subcatergory of lurking chancers that would pounce on new models searching for the nieve and easily manipulated, prospects that didnt know if it was normal or even how to report it. As such many potential models bailed before they even got started and those that stayed got streetsmart fast. I have seen many of these kinds of these emails, every model friend of mine has examples, the wife kept all of hers for posterity, some were just sad but others would make your skin crawl.

I suspect this situation is partially responsible for the slow demise of this site and that it still goes on to a degree today.

Send Nm Mail to MattMiller Add MattMiller to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged | Edited by MattMiller at 03-06-2016 5:47 AM Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Settings : [ Open Forum ]

You may post topics
You may post replies
You may post images
You may delete your posts