Show Printer Friendly Message Reply To Topic
Author Topic : Rates 
Francesca_T

Thread Starter / Model
City: London and Wales
Views : 652  Feb 26, 2017 5:26am

Hello,

I'm just wondering what people are charging as their 'rates?'
I've always dipped in and out of modelling and work in my day job for a set amount per hour...but not sure how much I should be charging for modelling jobs off this website?

Any suggestions?
Thank you!

Send Nm Mail to Francesca_T Add Francesca_T to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
 NoNoizePhotography

Photographer
City: Croydon
RE: Rates Feb 26, 2017 6:29am

You can charge per hour or per 4hrs (half day) or full day (8hrs). Models rates vary from £15 - £50ph. Bare in mind you can charge what you like but if no one books you then you have to understand why that is. I've seen models charge £10phr and still can't get booked. If a photographer likes your look or thinks you're suitable for their ideas then you'll get booked at whatever you charge. Personally I think £20phr is a good starting point. If the shoot is local to you then you won't need to charge travel expenses (but that's up to you). Another thing to consider if you haven't had a shoot in a while you can always add a 'Good' selfie to see what you look like now.

Send Nm Mail to NoNoizePhotography Add NoNoizePhotography to your favorites list
 Ace

Photographer
City: Reading
RE: Rates Feb 26, 2017 8:20pm

Good advice from NoNoize (above), to charge at all you need pics which are newer than 9years old.

I would suggest you look for some local photographers whose quality and style you like and ask them for a few TF shoots.

This would bring your portfolio up to date and get you back in the swing of modelling.

By approaching photographers whose style you like, you are more likely to get the portfolio pics you need than might come from a general casting.

Ace, Ace baby! on www.acestudios.co.uk

Send Nm Mail to Ace Add Ace to your favorites list
fredericks

Photographer
City: Southampton
RE: Rates Feb 27, 2017 6:28am

I'm pretty much in agreement with the above.
Except!
I don't agree with NoNoizePhotography, regards traveling expenses, you do a day job? does your employer pay your traveling costs?
In my opinion travel has to be factored into your hourly rates, some you win, some you loose? Or be negotiated with the photographer.

I'm not sure in general about the rates quoted above either.
I personally think they are too high as a benchmark for you, especially as you don't have much of a track record.
I believe that a model who wants to be paid ie 'professional' has to be just that, hit the ground running. The photographer is paying you by the hour and won't want to have the time swallowed up because he has to explain to you how to model. it's not enough just to stand in front of a camera!
As you see it's all a matter of personal taste, you charge what you like if you don't get the work, you could be charging too much.
I hate to say it but nudity is a big factor nowadays.

Send Nm Mail to fredericks Add fredericks to your favorites list
 Diceman199

Photographer
City: Uxbridge
RE: Rates Feb 27, 2017 6:29am

In addition i've seen some models with a flat rate whatever level is being shot and some who charge more for nudes than fashion for instance.

Send Nm Mail to Diceman199 Add Diceman199 to your favorites list
 pep

Photographer
City: Northeast / North Yorkshire
RE: Rates Feb 27, 2017 11:36am

all good info above.. definitely regarding some updated images, a decent: good natural light selfie is fine..

if you get inundated with bookings.. increase your rates.. if you have too few maybe adjust them down a little or incentivise them..

Send Nm Mail to pep Add pep to your favorites list
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Settings : [ Open Forum ]

You may post topics
You may post replies
You may post images
You may delete your posts