alias : pwd :       secure login | forgot pwd? ]
4 members online. 
3 users watching this topic.
[ Watch This Topic ]
Show Printer Friendly Message Reply To Topic
Author Topic : Your Spring location shoot plans? 
 Ace

Thread Starter / Photographer
City: Reading
Views : 839  Mar 7, 2017 9:23am

Here in the South East I saw the first daffodils open from their buds on Sunday and made me think that it will soon be time to break out of the studio and do some location work.

I'd like to do some rural and countryside stuff, so I'm thinking Devon, Wales or if I can manage it Shetland as I've never been there. At my rate of work I'll probably just about scrape a local bluebell shoot though!

What plans and locations do you have for the forthcoming "outdoor" season?

Send Nm Mail to Ace Add Ace to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged | Edited by Ace at 03-07-2017 10:22 AM Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
 driftwood

Photographer
City: Swansea

This post contains content only suitable for adults. If you are over the age of 18, please log into your Net-Model account to view this message.
Send Nm Mail to driftwood Add driftwood to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged | Edited by driftwood at 03-07-2017 10:37 AM Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
Russb

Photographer

Driftwood You are missing out: Ive shot in the Brecon Beacons and on the Gower, mind you I would have to think twice about that these days with unreliable models and me travelling 120 miles to get to either. Here's one from Brecon.

This post contains an adult image.
You must be logged in to view this image.
Send Nm Mail to Russb Add Russb to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged | Edited by Russb at 03-08-2017 1:42 PM Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
Russb

Photographer

and one on Oxwich beach

Top  IP: Logged Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
Russb

Photographer

As for my own plans : I shall be visiting some of my own selected spots three times in the next month (one location for the 28th time and Ace knows of it) but also trying out a couple of new locations. All that assumes that the models will turn up of course and that can no longer be taken for granted. I will also be shooting in Hong Kong and Singapore but with family rather than models.

Top  IP: Logged | Edited by Russb at 03-08-2017 1:40 PM Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
 driftwood

Photographer

Yes, I know I should have taken advantage of my location more Russ.
Done lots of local landscape work, but never shot a model in those areas.
Most place it seems you have to walk a mile from the car, and most of the models I have worked with have not been into hiking.
That's why I like Merthyr Mawr. Car park right alongside the dunes.

Kevin

Diceman199

Photographer
City: Uxbridge

Every year I say i'll do a bluebell shoot and never get round to it

Send Nm Mail to Diceman199 Add Diceman199 to your favorites list
 ChasC

Photographer
City: Liss

I worked with a couple of models back in December and hope to do outdoor location shoots with them once the weather is warm enough. I am in the fortunate position of having my own secluded rural location which is great for outdoor nude shoots.

Send Nm Mail to ChasC Add ChasC to your favorites list
 Peter_Birch

Photographer
City: London

I'm hoping to shoot outdoors in both Hertfordshire and Devon, and if the response to my latest PP casting is anything to go by I might have trouble finding worthwhile models. Maybe it's because I haven't been very active, but where I used to get thirty or forty responses I've only had a handful.

Send Nm Mail to Peter_Birch Add Peter_Birch to your favorites list
 driftwood

Photographer

quoting post from  ChasC:

I worked with a couple of models back in December and hope to do outdoor location shoots with them once the weather is warm enough. I am in the fortunate position of having my own secluded rural location which is great for outdoor nude shoots.

Sounds like we all need to go and visit Chas.

Kevin

ChasC

Photographer
City: Liss

quoting post from  driftwood:

Sounds like we all need to go and visit Chas.

Kevin

Ok, just don't frighten the horses.

Send Nm Mail to ChasC Add ChasC to your favorites list
 Ace

quoting post from Russb:

As for my own plans : I shall be visiting some of my own selected spots three times in the next month (one location for the 28th time and Ace knows of it) but also trying out a couple of new locations. All that assumes that the models will turn up of course and that can no longer be taken for granted. I will also be shooting in Hong Kong and Singapore but with family rather than models.

RussB is a man with good location knowledge and we once spent a glorious Summer's day with two models touring a few of his favourites. One of those treasured memory days.

Plenty of interesting things to shoot in HK and Singapore ....maybe the possibility of coming home with some new camera kit?

Ace, Ace baby! on www.acestudios.co.uk

Peter_Birch

Photographer

I'm not doing very well, so far. I intended to do a themed shoot down by the Thames and none of the props I'd ordered turned up on time so I missed high spring tides.

Cheryl_Elizabeth

Model
City: Littlehampton

Oh no! I hope it all comes together for you.. I've shot down on the beach by The Thames a few times.. mainly near Blackfriars station.. it's still beautiful if you do it in summer.. the sunset is spectacular light <3

Why am I doing resting bitch face? It takes 42 muscles to frown and only 17 to smile and I need the exercise

Send Nm Mail to Cheryl_Elizabeth Add Cheryl_Elizabeth to your favorites list
 Cheryl_Elizabeth

Model

It's gotta be the beach for me.. I live a 2 minute walk away from my local one in Angmering, West Sussex on the East Preston private estate...... bliss!
Come on summer.. hurry the F up!

Why am I doing resting bitch face? It takes 42 muscles to frown and only 17 to smile and I need the exercise

Peter_Birch

Photographer

quoting post from  Cheryl_Elizabeth:

Oh no! I hope it all comes together for you.. I've shot down on the beach by The Thames a few times.. mainly near Blackfriars station.. it's still beautiful if you do it in summer.. the sunset is spectacular light <3

Thanks. It was a good idea too, and I had it all planned down to the exact time the tide would be at its peak, thus lifting a really spectacular boat high enough to use it as a background.

I know the beach at Blackfriars. I remember drinking Champagne there at dawn in about '88.

Peter

Ace

It's gotta be the beach for me.. I live a 2 minute walk away from my local one in Angmering, West Sussex on the East Preston private estate...... bliss!
Come on summer.. hurry the F up!

Love this shot Cheryl Elizabeth!

Hopefully the Spring will bring you a good crop of shots.

I'm looking for a location in the Twickenham/Richmond area where I can do night street cafe type shots without having to pay a fortune in location fees or getting mugged.

I will have a security guy on my team but he can't be everywhere and it's better not to get into an incident in the first place. I'm just a bit more cautious on night shoots from experience.

Top  IP: Logged | Edited by Ace at 04-04-2017 5:38 AM Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
Russb

Photographer

One of the new locations tried out last week

Russb

Photographer

And yesterday's discovery: I suspect Cheryl knows this one very well.

Top  IP: Logged | Edited by Russb at 04-04-2017 6:44 PM Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
 Cheryl_Elizabeth

Model

I can't tell from the picture, Russb.. not enough of the landscape.. I can tell it's a beach..!

Cheryl_Elizabeth

Model

Hi Ace, thank you that's very kind
I do loads of location shoots at night in London - I think it's perfectly safe, but then I tend to stick to the quiet times like early hours of Sunday morning, and places like the South Bank where there are no clubs, etc. I should imagine Twickenham would be very quiet as it's completely out of town! Don't fear it.. quite the contrary go into it with confidence and any people who see will assume you are 'supposed' to be there for whatever reason and will generally leave you alone. I have never been harrassed on a night shoot, and at most the photographer has had an assistant, but that's it.. usually it's just me and my partner Si being silly out and about.. we've even shot semi nudes at Trafalgar Square.. shhhhh.. I'm sure that's pretty risque! Somehow managed to blag our way past the guards!

Ace

Hi Ace, thank you that's very kind
I do loads of location shoots at night in London - I think it's perfectly safe, but then I tend to stick to the quiet times like early hours of Sunday morning, and places like the South Bank where there are no clubs, etc. I should imagine Twickenham would be very quiet as it's completely out of town! Don't fear it.. quite the contrary go into it with confidence and any people who see will assume you are 'supposed' to be there for whatever reason and will generally leave you alone. I have never been harrassed on a night shoot, and at most the photographer has had an assistant, but that's it.. usually it's just me and my partner Si being silly out and about.. we've even shot semi nudes at Trafalgar Square.. shhhhh.. I'm sure that's pretty risque! Somehow managed to blag our way past the guards!

Thanks for your thoughts Cheryl and I might try the South Bank some time.

In the 80s I can remember doing a publicity shoot in the middle of the day on the part of Westminster bridge where the people were run down recently. We just drove up and did it...I wouldn't get away with that now!

It's not permissions that concern me, I can pretty well talk my way out of those situations. I should have explained that I'm not planning a two person model/photographer shoot.

This will be a fashion shoot with a small crew using off camera flash on stands. All quickly set up and portable and therefore easily stolen or vandalised. My press and film crew experience combined with my age has made me more cautious.

From my press days, I know I couldn't handle a kicking like I used to and from a night shoot with a film crew in London I learned that petty theft was an issue for them. Fairly recently I was shooting the local mayor and co in Lancaster when a known druggie tried to mug me for my camera whilst I had it to my face and was shooting them.

I guess it's age catching up with me. In middle age I photographed in war zones twice for the Sudanese government and was fine but now I'm older and have health issues, the thought of dealing with aggressive drunks makes me cautious.

Twickenham can be a dangerous place being the home of British Rugby. On match days you don't get the same level of problems as football matches but there are still those who overindulge and cause trouble. On non match days the centre hosts lots of trade conferences and the local crime rate is quite high.

You are right though, it's a matter of confidence. Risk assess the situation, take the necessary precautions and tread carefully but boldly.

Top  IP: Logged | Edited by Ace at 04-05-2017 11:06 AM Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
Rolleiflex

Photographer
City: Coventry

I have a lovely secluded location by a stream south of Birmingham.
All I need now is a suitable mature model.

Send Nm Mail to Rolleiflex Add Rolleiflex to your favorites list
 Ace

quoting post from Rolleiflex:

I have a lovely secluded location by a stream south of Birmingham.
All I need now is a suitable mature model.

There are some nice spots round the streams and waterways in that area. Look forward to seeing the pics.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Settings : [ Open Forum ]

You may post topics
You may post replies
You may post images
You may delete your posts