[ Watch This Topic ]
Show Printer Friendly Message Reply To Topic
Author Topic : Agency / Online portfolio site for a 16 year old starter 
 Diceman199

Thread Starter / Photographer
City: Uxbridge
Views : 748  Mar 31, 2017 7:40am

Hi guy's,

Any recommendations for a 16 year old starter model in terms of good online site for putting up port and reputable agencies to apply too. Located in Brighton area.

Send Nm Mail to Diceman199 Add Diceman199 to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
 Ace

Photographer
City: Reading

quoting post from  Diceman199:

Hi guy's,

Any recommendations for a 16 year old starter model in terms of good online site for putting up port and reputable agencies to apply too. Located in Brighton area.

I'm not the best person to advise regarding sites as they change so quickly. It might be worth checking Star Now but I don't know the position re stalkers etc.

That's why agencies are the best bet for that age group. Your model may consider she is streewise and legally she can have a baby and marry but she may not be up to do battle with fake or badly run agencies.

For this reason, I would advise that you send her to a child model agency rather than one for adults. A grown ups agency will be much harder on her and fledgling talent needs some understanding and gentle handling.

If she is London based, Elisabeth Smith is still a good agency. Elliott Brown are a very good company and run out of Oxford. Bizzy Kidz was good but since there programmes on Channel 4 have become to busy to handle their clients well, in my opinion of course.

DK Models are Sheffield based but do some hiring down South. Most child agencies take children upto the end of their teens which would give your contact time to get ready for the harshness of the big agencies.

Two of my test shoot models have gone on to do catalogue work for Boden through child agencies, so not to be sniffed at.

Please let me know how you get on.

I should declare an interest in that I was until recently one of the photographers for Elisabeth Smith.

Ace, Ace baby! on www.acestudios.co.uk

Send Nm Mail to Ace Add Ace to your favorites list
kazstudio

Photographer
City: Sudbury

Sound advice from Ace.
Clive.

Send Nm Mail to kazstudio Add kazstudio to your favorites list
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Settings : [ Open Forum ]