2 users watching this topic.
[ Watch This Topic ]
Show Printer Friendly Message Reply To Topic
Author Topic : Street photos of Pickering Wartime Weekend October 2017 
 pep

Thread Starter / Photographer
City: Northeast / North Yorkshire
Views : 239  Oct 16, 2017 11:19am

If you like street photography.... the link below is to some images I took at this years October Wartime Weekend in Pickering North Yorkshire...

As it's not 'model' related images... just real people in costume I'll not upload the images to my profile..

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ak2Cll_x1v2WiADiSUiwCUQKRMLc

I'm not a fan of the over posed shot... I much prefer to sit, stand or mooch about & take images as I see them or... as they arrive in front of me.

Enjoy...

FYI... My camera of choice for this set of images was the tiny Olympus Stylus 1s - which I find ideal for candid photos, especially with images that are for the web only.. 28-300 f/2.8 ( & 56-600 f/2.8 at the touch of a button ) touch screen & electronic view finder... 12mp VR & obviously a tiny sensor..[img][/img]

Send Nm Mail to pep Add pep to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
Jess_Jones

Model
City: East Sussex

Lovely. Got relatives near Pickering so good to see

Send Nm Mail to Jess_Jones Add Jess_Jones to your favorites list
 pep

It was no weekend to be wearing the fur wraps...

was told that Pickering doesn't contribute anything to the event & even the NYM Railways has stopped putting extra trains on for it... you'd think they'd welcome the extra trade - as it is always heaving from Friday to Sunday, all day...

No real fave image though do like the look the Sargent & Miss Scarlet have.. #99

Top  IP: Logged | Edited by pep at 10-17-2017 5:25 AM Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
 driftwood

Photographer
City: Swansea

Nice work pep. You've done well to exclude all the bystanders in modern dress. Something I always struggle with.

Kevin

Send Nm Mail to driftwood Add driftwood to your favorites list
 Ace

Photographer
City: Reading

Some great images here! I particularly like some of the natural street life scenes with long shadows as in image 41.

Some of the images would work well in black and white or warm brown and white (not sepia).

The little Olympus did very well and I can see why a lot of people are going away from heavy DSLRs. What sort of size could you blow prints up to please?

Thanks for sharing these, I really enjoyed looking at them.

Ace, Ace baby! on www.acestudios.co.uk

Send Nm Mail to Ace Add Ace to your favorites list
 pep

All shot as JPG & though the camera can be fully manual.. I put it on auto & just worry about framing for this set.

I've never printed anything from it... just shoot for web use... so no idea how they will print & not what I use it for.

Apparently its the last event of its type in the year.... so many turn up for it & on the weekends there are more younger reenactors in the crowd which is nice.

The zoom range of the little Olympus really helps as does the touch screen to take photos without encroachment of other people.. use it like an old Rollie though I do look to grab the shot when as few non-uniform / period look people are in the shot as I can.

My fave spot this year was the station platform, sun & light was fabulous & really liked the shadows it created against the stonework.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Settings : [ Open Forum ]

You may post topics
You may post replies
You may post images
You may delete your posts