1 user watching this topic.
[ Watch This Topic ]
Show Printer Friendly Message Reply To Topic
Author Topic : Ropework photos 
Rolleiflex

Thread Starter / Photographer
City: Coventry
Views : 4470  Nov 19, 2017 7:42pm

Surely it's time to stop the publication on here of photographs of women bound in ropes or any other form of bondage? They have no artistic merit and simply pander to the pathetic whims of men who derive perverse pleasure from the physical domination of women. There are plenty of ways to celebrate the erotic appeal of women without the need to humiliate.

Send Nm Mail to Rolleiflex Add Rolleiflex to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
 Myk

Photographer
City: Pant
RE: Ropework photos Nov 20, 2017 3:47am

There are very few here anyway.

If my wife derives great pleasure from being restrained who am I to deprive her of the pleasure ?

If a photographer wishes to depict this pleasure then why not ?

I am getting quite tired of the political correctness stampede which seems determined to make all our lives as bland as possible.

As a gentleman I am never unknowingly rude.

This extends to allowing people to do what they want when it is between consenting adults.

Send Nm Mail to Myk Add Myk to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged | Edited by Myk at 11-20-2017 3:48 AM Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
 pep

Photographer
City: Northeast / North Yorkshire
RE: Ropework photos Nov 20, 2017 4:16am

Its a modelling site... if models want to shoot that style let them, no one is forcing them to shoot the style - its all agreed beforehand.

TBH its not a style I've ever heard blokes say they particularly like - other than from a photographic, arty - view point... however I've heard several women express a preference & stated a desire to shoot the style - Shibari.

Knowing a couple of models who've shot Shibari, they say they really enjoy the experience, so they should be allowed to continue - it really is not anyone's concern but theirs.

Is it a coincidence that the 50 Shades series was written by a woman & aimed squarely at a female audience so far from women being roped into shooting with ropes... maybe there are some who are - finally - being able to break free from the straight laced bounds of conformity & being empowered to be themselves.

So long as everyone is adult & consenting.... let them do as they choose.

Send Nm Mail to pep Add pep to your favorites list
 two_stops_short_of_the_F

Photographer
City: Long Eaton
RE: Ropework photos Nov 20, 2017 7:52pm

Why is it called Shibari? everyone knows it was first practised by that Scottish poet.
Ropey Burns.... :-)

Send Nm Mail to two_stops_short_of_the_F Add two_stops_short_of_the_F to your favorites list
 more_m

Photographer
City: Cambridge
RE: Ropework photos Nov 23, 2017 4:35am

I'm a believer that whatever consenting adults get up to between themselves is up to them

BUT

Consent needs to be informed. Nagging and pushing someone to do something that they didn't really feel comfortable doing in he first place is not consent - it is bullying

Also, doing something extreme and posting something extreme are different. One is about two people having, erm, "fun", the other can encourage the easily influenced that something dangerous is normal. It isn't.

Send Nm Mail to more_m Add more_m to your favorites list
rod

Photographer
RE: Ropework photos Nov 30, 2017 12:58pm

quoting post from  more_m:

I'm a believer that whatever consenting adults get up to between themselves is up to them

BUT

Consent needs to be informed. Nagging and pushing someone to do something that they didn't really feel comfortable doing in he first place is not consent - it is bullying

Also, doing something extreme and posting something extreme are different. One is about two people having, erm, "fun", the other can encourage the easily influenced that something dangerous is normal. It isn't.

You don't seem to know much about bondage or the attraction it has for a surprisingly large number of people! As for the idea that posting images of something that's 'extreme' is so dangerous that we should stop doing it, you're going to leave some really big holes in the TV schedules when WWF, Grand Prix races and the Isle of Man TT are all banned from being broadcast because they risk encouraging imitation of extreme behaviour.

Send Nm Mail to rod Add rod to your favorites list
rod

Photographer
RE: Ropework photos Nov 30, 2017 1:02pm

quoting post from Rolleiflex:

Surely it's time to stop the publication on here of photographs of women bound in ropes or any other form of bondage? They have no artistic merit and simply pander to the pathetic whims of men who derive perverse pleasure from the physical domination of women. There are plenty of ways to celebrate the erotic appeal of women without the need to humiliate.

You might want to read up a bit on domination and submission. These are lifestyle choices for quite a few people, and bondage fits very well into that lifestyle. I've tied literally hundreds of people, of all genders, and I can guarantee you that none of them found the experience exploitative, humiliating, or in any way negative.

pep

Photographer
City: Northeast / North Yorkshire
RE: Ropework photos Dec 1, 2017 6:28am

this forum post is about the merits or not of rope work - no one has asked for a portfolio review.

TBH I think it's been settled: freedom of choice - models are being bound in the photos, not in real life..

If the anyone has issues with that then that is for them to deal with.. certainly their view should not limit the opportunity & expression of those that choose to do rope work & present it within both site & legal guidelines.

Send Nm Mail to pep Add pep to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged | Edited by pep at 12-01-2017 6:29 AM Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
rod

Photographer
RE: Ropework photos Dec 1, 2017 8:41am

quoting post from  pep:

TBH I think it's been settled: freedom of choice - models are being bound in the photos, not in real life..

Most of the bondage models I work with enjoy bondage in real life as well! :-)

Having said that, I've worked recently with a few models who aren't into rope but feel that their portfolios are somehow incomplete without bondage pictures.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Settings : [ Open Forum ]

You may post topics
You may post replies
You may post images
You may delete your posts