[ Watch This Topic ]
Show Printer Friendly Message Reply To Topic
Author Topic : I Despair ... 
 martyn

Thread Starter / Photographer
City: Cardiff
Views : 2499  Dec 14, 2017 9:16am

I Despair #1
... a "photographer" opening a new studio and already selling product posts this on a social forum for advice >>
"Can anyone please help. When I'm choosing wall art and the ratio is 1:1 yes, I understand It's a square canvas and the others are rectangular but 3:2, 4:3, 3:1...do I save my images as this somehow or will any image fit? I'm new, just getting my samples together. Moving into a studio today and faking it until I make it!"
I mean COME ON - learn your trade and your products BEFORE you start selling them. Like they say owning a camera does not a photographer make!

I Despair #2
... I posted the above story at "another networking site" where my paid subscription expires in just 10 weeks. Within minutes is was "moderated" and deleted. So much for PROFESSIONAL networking sites. I wonder what I shall do about renewing ??? Hmmm answers on a postcard ...

Send Nm Mail to martyn Add martyn to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged | Edited by martyn at 12-14-2017 9:17 AM Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
 Myk

Photographer
City: Pant
RE: I Despair ... Dec 14, 2017 11:56am

Good to know you are still fretting about the world's insanities

Merry Xmas !

Send Nm Mail to Myk Add Myk to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
 driftwood

Photographer
City: Swansea
RE: I Despair ... Dec 15, 2017 4:16am

There are cowboys in every trade unfortunately.

Nice to hear from you again though, Martyn. Even if it is just so you can have a moan

Kevin

Send Nm Mail to driftwood Add driftwood to your favorites list
fredericks

Photographer
City: Southampton
RE: I Despair ... Dec 15, 2017 8:38am

A bit like 'professional' models?

Send Nm Mail to fredericks Add fredericks to your favorites list
 two_stops_short_of_the_F

Photographer
City: Long Eaton
RE: I Despair ... Dec 21, 2017 5:19pm

And there's me thinking the thread was Welsh for a topless shot. :-)

Send Nm Mail to two_stops_short_of_the_F Add two_stops_short_of_the_F to your favorites list
MattMiller

Photographer
City: Southend on Sea
RE: I Despair ... Dec 29, 2017 2:34pm

quoting post from  martyn:

Like they say owning a camera does not a photographer make!

I dunno ... I fooled people for years, some people still think i am a photographer today! probably because I still own a camera, Though for the life of me I cant remember where it is ...

Send Nm Mail to MattMiller Add MattMiller to your favorites list
 jkmtyro

Photographer
City: St. Thomas, Virgin Islands
RE: I Despair ... Sep 1, 2018 4:02pm

quoting post from  martyn:

I Despair #1
I'm new, just getting my samples together. Moving into a studio today and faking it until I make it!"
I mean COME ON - learn your trade and your products BEFORE you start selling them. Like they say owning a camera does not a photographer make!

I Despair #2
... I posted the above story at "another networking site" where my paid subscription expires in just 10 weeks. Within minutes is was "moderated" and deleted. So much for PROFESSIONAL networking sites. I wonder what I shall do about renewing ??? Hmmm answers on a postcard ...

True ... owning a camera does not a photographer make. However, pressing the shutter and selling one's work does.

There is no quality or educational criteria to be a photographer. One increases knowledge base a number of ways ... including jumping into the deep end of the pool.

Your option: jump in and teach the rookie how to swim, or let him struggle back to shore and perhaps never try such foolishness again.

I am certain your post was deleted for being 'bashing' or 'flaming'. [Internet Polite Talk for BULLYING]

Most sites like these encourage amateurs on the road to professionalism, hobbyists and pros to ask questions and give advise. Some of us share our experience from time to time. Others stay silent. The remainder bitch about the weather (you can't change it).

Send Nm Mail to jkmtyro Add jkmtyro to your favorites list
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Settings : [ Open Forum ]

You may post topics
You may post replies
You may post images
You may delete your posts