2 users watching this topic.
[ Watch This Topic ]
Show Printer Friendly Message Reply To Topic
Author Topic : Damn I missed it 
 martyn

Thread Starter / Photographer
City: Cardiff
Views : 3695  Dec 14, 2017 9:22am

Knowing full well that my membership here was approaching a significant anniversary I meant to log in and wish myself a happy N-M birthday, then promptly forgot!!

SO - happy birthday to me for the 5 December which was (wait for it) my 15th year of being part of this site. Yes I joined on 5 December 2002 when the interweb was really still in its infancy for places like this. In this time I have made many acquaintances here some of whom I am honoured to consider as friends - you know who you are.

Here's to the next 15 years ... I wonder if the other sites will still be around then

Send Nm Mail to martyn Add martyn to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
 Myk

Photographer
City: Pant
RE: Damn I missed it Dec 14, 2017 11:59am

The pompous sites which are difficult to drive I hope fall by the wayside.

Oh dear, as far as UK modelling sites go - that is pretty much all of them.

Not much happens here, but I live in hope along with a couple of others.

Send Nm Mail to Myk Add Myk to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged | Edited by Myk at 12-15-2017 3:41 AM Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
 Ace
[ Moderator ]

Photographer
City: Reading
RE: Damn I missed it Dec 14, 2017 12:16pm

quoting post from  martyn:

Knowing full well that my membership here was approaching a significant anniversary I meant to log in and wish myself a happy N-M birthday, then promptly forgot!!

SO - happy birthday to me for the 5 December which was (wait for it) my 15th year of being part of this site. Yes I joined on 5 December 2002 when the interweb was really still in its infancy for places like this. In this time I have made many acquaintances here some of whom I am honoured to consider as friends - you know who you are.

Here's to the next 15 years ... I wonder if the other sites will still be around then

Congratulations Martin, that's quite a birthday! I had the honour of meeting you once at the NEC and still remain the "lost property officer of Taffia".

To explain, I agreed to meet Martyn at the NEC and gave him my phone number. Some months later someone rang me to tell me that they had found a phone in a street in Wales and rang me because mine was the first name in the contacts on the phone.

A quick message on NM and Martyn was re-united with his phone. :-)

Martyn, if you and others enter the competition on here there is a chance of winning a platinum membership so you can update your page.

Ace, Ace baby! on www.acestudios.co.uk

Send Nm Mail to Ace Add Ace to your favorites list
spyderneil

Photographer
City: Bristol
RE: Damn I missed it Dec 14, 2017 3:32pm

I was talking about you at last nights network social Christmas bash.

I wonder if your burning ears had something to do with you posting today?

Send Nm Mail to spyderneil Add spyderneil to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged | Edited by spyderneil at 12-14-2017 3:33 PM Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
 driftwood

Photographer
City: Swansea
RE: Damn I missed it Dec 15, 2017 4:21am

Time you joined in the Best Picture Comp here.
I was doing so, but at the moment I'm having trouble keeping up.

This site might not move very fast, but it's quick enough for us oldies, and it doesn't seem to attract the over-inflated egos that some other sites do.

Nice to hear from you again.

Merry Christmas!

Quick Edit: Just noticed you did try to enter the comp and failed. I did the same thing on my return to the fold, and it took me a while to sort it out. - Don't surrender!

Kevin

Send Nm Mail to driftwood Add driftwood to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged | Edited by driftwood at 12-15-2017 4:23 AM Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
 martyn

Thread Starter / Photographer
City: Cardiff
RE: Damn I missed it Dec 15, 2017 8:18am

quoting post from  Ace:

Congratulations Martin, that's quite a birthday! I had the honour of meeting you once at the NEC and still remain the "lost property officer of Taffia".

To explain, I agreed to meet Martyn at the NEC and gave him my phone number. Some months later someone rang me to tell me that they had found a phone in a street in Wales and rang me because mine was the first name in the contacts on the phone.

A quick message on NM and Martyn was re-united with his phone. :-)

Events like the Cardiff Big Shoot created the community and in turn the community created the Cardiff Big Shoot and that is something that the community of this site made happen that can never happen at any other site - in part because of the way in which the sites themselves work (such an event would need to be posted as a group shoot, which it was not, or a casting call for work - which it was not). It was somebody else's phone by the way but his name was also Martin.

They were the events to be seen at and drew in members from all over the UK and even some from Europe and the whole ethos was that without exception everybody willingly provided their time and effort for FREE. The true success though was that it was the membership that made them so successful by taking part in the planning and preparation as well as attending on the day.

The whole Taffia thing was brought about to generate community spirit - I think it worked.

Send Nm Mail to martyn Add martyn to your favorites list
fredericks

Photographer
City: Southampton
RE: Damn I missed it Dec 15, 2017 8:37am

'Not much happens here, but I live in hope along with a couple of others.'

Ditto That makes three now.

Remember net-portfolio?

Send Nm Mail to fredericks Add fredericks to your favorites list
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >