1 user watching this topic.
[ Watch This Topic ]
Show Printer Friendly Message Reply To Topic
Author Topic : NM update 
rmsoansphotography

Thread Starter / Photographer
City: London
Views : 173  May 13, 2018 9:00pm

When is this website ever going to be updated?

It's old and the colour theme isn't good to be honest

Send Nm Mail to rmsoansphotography Add rmsoansphotography to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
 NoNoizePhotography

Photographer
City: Croydon
RE: NM update May 14, 2018 2:37am

there was talk of an update years ago.......It's never gonna happen

Send Nm Mail to NoNoizePhotography Add NoNoizePhotography to your favorites list
redbaron

Photographer
City: Ayesbury
RE: NM update May 14, 2018 4:21am

I was hopeful last year after a post by Razoir about having seen the new site. Indeed that is why I came back having cancelled my membership. Time passes though and it is not looking good on that score. On the positive side Purestorm has finally got an overhaul. Yes there are a few bugs to shoot as Matt launched earlier than he wanted (but still two years later than originally promised!) SO far so good though. I like it.

I guess as this was the first site I joined a considerable time ago there is a bit of me willing it to stutter back into life despite the odds. Then it had far more of a community feel about it than other sites have managed to capture since.

Send Nm Mail to redbaron Add redbaron to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged | Edited by redbaron at 05-14-2018 4:22 AM Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
rmsoansphotography

Thread Starter / Photographer
City: London
RE: NM update May 14, 2018 5:47am

quoting post from redbaron:

I was hopeful last year after a post by Razoir about having seen the new site. Indeed that is why I came back having cancelled my membership. Time passes though and it is not looking good on that score. On the positive side Purestorm has finally got an overhaul. Yes there are a few bugs to shoot as Matt launched earlier than he wanted (but still two years later than originally promised!) SO far so good though. I like it.

I guess as this was the first site I joined a considerable time ago there is a bit of me willing it to stutter back into life despite the odds. Then it had far more of a community feel about it than other sites have managed to capture since.

This is what I was thinking Purestorm got a nice update, but this site has remain static

It's not responsive, but you still can view this on mobile devices, albeit you need to zoom in and out to get something out of it

Send Nm Mail to rmsoansphotography Add rmsoansphotography to your favorites list
 Razoir

Photographer
City: Crediton
RE: NM update May 15, 2018 12:15pm

I am continuing with Beta Testing.

The new launch will be a much better look. Different approaches to things like moderation, references and other things.

Our biggest problem is the small number of people working on the changes.

NM used to be huge. That lead to us to having not thousands of dead accounts but tens of thousands of dead accounts. They all needed to be cleared out. Rebuilds like this take a lot of time and there are often fall-downs when a lump of code fails and leads to other lunmps needing attention.
Forgive my highly technical jargon there!

We all sympathise with long term members who are tired of the wait but it would be more ridiculous to launch a new NM that does not work properly or is little better than the old NM we all loved so much.

Huge Hairy Jeremy

Remember, Trolls' brains are silica based and only function properly at temperatures lower than minus 72 degrees Kevin.

Send Nm Mail to Razoir Add Razoir to your favorites list
 pep

Photographer
City: Northeast / North Yorkshire
RE: NM update May 15, 2018 1:22pm

Change is inevitable though its not always good.... I just deleted my Purestorm info as the upgrade seems to be very Mobile focused... everything was just HUGE on a monitor & a complete waste of the space...

Mobiles are fine.... but they are a compromise when compared to a proper computer & screen.... you can't just design for one over the other.

Send Nm Mail to pep Add pep to your favorites list
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Settings : [ Open Forum ]

You may post topics
You may post replies
You may post images
You may delete your posts