alias : pwd :       secure login | forgot pwd? ]
0 members online. 
2 users watching this topic.
[ Watch This Topic ]
Show Printer Friendly Message Reply To Topic
Author Topic : Anyone display their work on Facebook? 
Summertime

Thread Starter / Photographer
City: Sutton On Sea
Views : 971  Feb 28, 2019 6:20am

I've never been on Facebook myself because they want to know my life story. But I recently worked with a model from Purple Port who told me she gets most of her work from her Facebook account. Has anyone else found Facebook useful?

Send Nm Mail to Summertime Add Summertime to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
redbaron

Photographer
City: Ayesbury

From my photography business perspective very productive. Yes it costs for me to advertise but a lot less and far more effective then print.

In terms of lookin gfor models I have not really tried and to be honest do not need the extra complexity. Also on a modelling site everything is on record in the one spot so less scope for fake claims and more recourse in the way of references if I get messed about.

I don't see any great reason to change to be honest

Send Nm Mail to redbaron Add redbaron to your favorites list
 Thunder_uk

Photographer
City: London

I have a facebook account but haven't used it much in the last few years. I used to use it a lot especially to publcise group shoots when I did them and also to display photos of models I could tag there. Can't think I've got any models from there though I'm often approached by "models" who appear to be on the far corners of the world to be friends and on investigation they are spammers.

Anooying that at one time I used my Thunder_Pix name but then they insisted I use my real name with the Thunder_Pix in brackets underneath

Nudes of course are out , slighest glimpse of nipple and you are read the riot act and suspended for a time but for some reason bare bums appear to be OK

Thunder
http://www.thunder-pix.co.uk

Send Nm Mail to Thunder_uk Add Thunder_uk to your favorites list
 more_m

Photographer
City: Cambridge

I use it a lot. I find it extremely useful for networking with models, other photographers and keeping up to date with what's going on in the studios near me. It has generated work for me, though usually (but not always) with people I have worked with before or met at photography socials.

As has been said, you need to be careful of what you post there (and Instagram, which is now the same company). Don't even post a link to an image with a female nipple in it. FB seems to think female nipples can kill (though male nipples are OK, apparently)

Send Nm Mail to more_m Add more_m to your favorites list
 Thunder_uk

Photographer
City: London

Good point. I once did a link to my, then, Purestorm account which happended to have a topless photo as my profile phote.
That cost me a week's suspension plus a whole lecture about standards.

Facebook doesn't allow nipples but apparently relaxed abput racism etc!!

Thunder
http://www.thunder-pix.co.uk

Send Nm Mail to Thunder_uk Add Thunder_uk to your favorites list
 Ace
[ Moderator ]

Photographer
City: Reading

I don't use Facebook for model work as there are so many who talk the talk but can't walk the walk.

Although dedicated modelling sites are not perfect at least there is some measure of being able to check references and the word gets around regarding real baddies both photographers and models.

If I were a model I wouldn't book a shoot with an unknown from Facebook on basic safety grounds. Who would you be letting into your home/studio?

Send Nm Mail to Ace Add Ace to your favorites list
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Settings : [ Open Forum ]

You may post topics
You may post replies
You may post images
You may delete your posts