2 users watching this topic.
[ Watch This Topic ]
Show Printer Friendly Message Reply To Topic
Author Topic : Ghosts 
 Thunder_uk

Thread Starter / Photographer
City: London
Views : 788  Mar 24, 2019 1:46pm

I'm suprised how many times I've seen a person, be it photographer or model, appear online and when, out of curiosity, I've looked at their profiles, discovered that though they have been members a great many years, not only do they have no photos, no references but have said not a word about themselves.

Yes I know that until recently I hadn't used Net-Model for 5 years but I had photos, I had references and I had stuff on my profile.

Who are these ghostly lurkers?

Send Nm Mail to Thunder_uk Add Thunder_uk to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged | Edited by Thunder_uk at 03-24-2019 1:53 PM Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
redbaron

Photographer
City: Ayesbury
RE: Ghosts Mar 24, 2019 3:15pm

quoting post from  Thunder_uk:

I'm suprised how many times I've seen a person, be it photographer or model, appear online and when, out of curiosity, I've looked at their profiles, discovered that though they have been members a great many years, not only do they have no photos, no references but have said not a word about themselves.

Yes I know that until recently I hadn't used Net-Model for 5 years but I had photos, I had references and I had stuff on my profile.

Who are these ghostly lurkers?

Could be they have simply cleared the profile down as not using it assuming it would be deleted. At one stage I believe there was a program running that removed accounts with no images after a certain time but that broke a while back.

I know I did the same a few years ago but ended up having to email James to get my original profile taken down. At that time it looked like the site was about to get overrun with tacky images and I was not sure I wanted to be on that site. Only rejoined when I got to here of the new site being developed

Send Nm Mail to redbaron Add redbaron to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged | Edited by redbaron at 03-24-2019 3:16 PM Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
 Razoir

Photographer
City: Crediton
RE: Ghosts Mar 25, 2019 12:29pm

It is my understanding (note careful insinuation of escape clause) that there will be a robot installed in the new iteration of the site that will clear unused accounts off the site automatically.

Hooray!

Huge Hairy Jeremy

Remember, Trolls' brains are silica based and only function properly at temperatures lower than minus 72 degrees Kevin.

Send Nm Mail to Razoir Add Razoir to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
 Thunder_uk

RE: Ghosts Mar 25, 2019 12:40pm

quoting post from  Razoir:

It is my understanding (note careful insinuation of escape clause) that there will be a robot installed in the new iteration of the site that will clear unused accounts off the site automatically.

Hooray!

Huge Hairy Jeremy

Remember, Trolls' brains are silica based and only function properly at temperatures lower than minus 72 degrees Kevin.

Sounds good. As I say my account was dormant for 5 years but people could see I was a "real" person with about 21 references at that time.

It's the completely blank profiles which I assume will be deleted or I would suggest that the owner of the profile be given 2 weeks to populate the profile or face deletion.

More and more, no I've noticed them, there are blank profiles, been here years, shown as being online at any one time. Reminds me of people wanting to see "naked ladies" so joining.

BTW other websites I know won't admit a person as a member until they have put details and a few photos up.

Thunder_uk

RE: Ghosts Apr 15, 2019 6:52am

quoting post from  Thunder_uk:

More and more, no I've noticed them, there are blank profiles, been here years, shown as being online at any one time. Reminds me of people wanting to see "naked ladies" so joining.

BTW other websites I know won't admit a person as a member until they have put details and a few photos up.

More and more they grow. New portfolios, recently formed, completely blank yet frequently visit To "look around" or what?

Maybe one of these ghosts could explain why they are here?

Thunder
http://www.thunder-pix.co.uk

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Settings : [ Open Forum ]

You may post topics
You may post replies
You may post images
You may delete your posts