alias : pwd :       secure login | forgot pwd? ]
8 members online. 
2 users watching this topic.
[ Watch This Topic ]
Show Printer Friendly Message Reply To Topic
Author Topic : My First Login In Ten Years! Comeback Shoot? 
Darren_J

Thread Starter / Model
City: London
Views : 1513  Aug 23, 2018 1:36am

Okay folks ... here goes.

A former career model, and once voted 'Net-Model 'Best Male Model' 2007'
I am dipping my toes in once again after a very eventful ten year break in which life has taken some very emotional twists and turns.

My last ever catwal;k show was at Cafe De Paris in London, back in November 2012. I am now aged 38.

Following many severe bouts of depression brought on by life, I am once again trying to discover the 'best version' of myself. I loved the life I had modelling, and I undoubtedly met and worked with some quite incredible people.

I am looking to see if there are any of you fab togs that would be interested in shooting a set with me, to demonstrate the more mature, sophisticated, classic man I am right now ... any takers? I do not mind at all where the shoot takes place. London, manchester, paris, Never-Never land ... travelling is part of the models life is it not?

I've posted a couple of pics onto my profile to demonstrate my look these days (although they are only selfies) I am still lean and fit, and look after myself despite the demons in my mind getting the better of me at times past.

Anyway, I'm not here for a therapy session ... I'm here to shoot some cool images!

Hopefully I'm ageing like a fine wine - I guess you guys will be the judges ... although, as I said, you guys did vote me number one all those years ago!!

It doesn't have to be anything flash ... if anything, I am looking to give my soul a boost having been manipulated into thinking that I am no good, and that I am getting old.. (Long story - I can explain over a beer!)

Give me a shout eh? Be sure that I am professional, a good communicator, and reliable, and always managed to make people laugh on location.

Also - if any of you lovely young ladies fancy partnering up for a duo shoot (you know the drill, that whole Calvin Klein black and white stuff that seems pretty timeless) ... with an experienced, calming, handsom man ... please do get in touch eh?

Fingers crossed ... lets hope someone, or soads of you ... get in touch!

Peace ... yours hopefully ...

Darren

Send Nm Mail to Darren_J Add Darren_J to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged | Edited by Darren_J at 08-23-2018 1:45 AM Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
 Razoir

Photographer
City: Crediton

Welcome back Darren.
Do not be put off by the ghost-town look of the place. There is more life here than you might think and there are major changes imminent.
Our main rival, Purple Port, is having a seriously hard time at the moment and if we are lucky the tide will turn our way.

Huge Hairy Jeremy

Remember, Trolls' brains are silica based and only function properly at temperatures lower than minus 72 degrees Kevin.

Send Nm Mail to Razoir Add Razoir to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
 jkmtyro

Photographer
City: St. Thomas, Virgin Islands

Welcome back! You have a really cool look.

I will be shooting in Scandinavia (Denmark, Norway, Sweden) June-July 2019. I have already recruited from this site for that upcoming trip. I may put a vacation leg down in London for a week before or after the shoot. I won't know probably until March 2019.

If that happens, I'll want to do some shooting, of course. So stay logged on. I'll send out a casting and mail to you when I know what I am doing in the UK.

Send Nm Mail to jkmtyro Add jkmtyro to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged | Edited by jkmtyro at 08-27-2018 4:22 PM Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
Anochecer_Fashion

Photographer
City: Bristol

Welcome back Darren.

Send Nm Mail to Anochecer_Fashion Add Anochecer_Fashion to your favorites list
 Njay

Photographer
City: Market Harborough

It would be interesting if the members were kept up to-date with the planned changes ... Nothing seems to change and there are so many models on the site who do not display pics of themselves (something that I never understand) and many who are obviously scammers. I just checked a male model who has been on the 2012 and has NO pics in his profile !!

Send Nm Mail to Njay Add Njay to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged | Edited by Njay at 09-01-2018 10:24 AM Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
redbaron

Photographer
City: Ayesbury

quoting post from  Njay:

It would be interesting if the members were kept up to-date with the planned changes ... Nothing seems to change and there are so many models on the site who do not display pics of themselves (something that I never understand) and many who are obviously scammers. I just checked a male model who has been on the 2012 and has NO pics in his profile !!

While I understand this I think there are very good reasons why James is not doing it and I think it is the right call. In the past when he did try invariably all he got for his troubles was a load of snarky comments when things took longer than planned. It is one thing to build a completely new site from scratch when you have a team of full time programmers. Quite another when doing everything yourself. Presumably fitting that into another job, as I cannot see the revenue from this site even covering running costs.

I know this has been going on for quite a few years now. During which time there have been massive changes in the way people use the internet. Even building a 'simple' Wordpress site can be hugely time consuming as you have to effectively create several versions to cope with all the devices. Yes I know about 'responsive' templates etc but even they do not always operate how you anticipate

Send Nm Mail to redbaron Add redbaron to your favorites list
 Njay

Photographer
City: Market Harborough

quoting post from redbaron:

While I understand this I think there are very good reasons why James is not doing it and I think it is the right call. In the past when he did try invariably all he got for his troubles was a load of snarky comments when things took longer than planned. It is one thing to build a completely new site from scratch when you have a team of full time programmers. Quite another when doing everything yourself. Presumably fitting that into another job, as I cannot see the revenue from this site even covering running costs.

I know this has been going on for quite a few years now. During which time there have been massive changes in the way people use the internet. Even building a 'simple' Wordpress site can be hugely time consuming as you have to effectively create several versions to cope with all the devices. Yes I know about 'responsive' templates etc but even they do not always operate how you anticipate

Yes, I can accept all that you say, but it is frustrating to visit the site to find, as I just did an hour ago, 2 recent members without a single photo and 2 longtime members without photos .. also location given as jljgkdlfdfdfgkdlfgl: UK. and the members name given as jljgkdlfd.

How can you possibly take that type of model seriously?

The system needs fixed urgently if it is ever going to get anywhere near the other sites that are available to both models and photographers.

Having said all that, it is a friendly site and I do like being a member of it.

Send Nm Mail to Njay Add Njay to your favorites list
redbaron

Photographer
City: Ayesbury

quoting post from  Njay:

Yes, I can accept all that you say, but it is frustrating to visit the site to find, as I just did an hour ago, 2 recent members without a single photo and 2 longtime members without photos .. also location given as jljgkdlfdfdfgkdlfgl: UK. and the members name given as jljgkdlfd.

How can you possibly take that type of model seriously?

The system needs fixed urgently if it is ever going to get anywhere near the other sites that are available to both models and photographers.

Having said all that, it is a friendly site and I do like being a member of it.

I don't disagree but it has been that way for at least ten years if not longer. Those of us who have been here since almost the beginning could fill several pages with such irritations. The point is though it is not going to change now on this iteration of the site and James is absolutely aware of this and a lot more besides I am sure.

All we can do really is give the old gals chest a thump every now and then by posting, in the hope she stays alive long enough for the new one to go live. On that score I feel the real hero is Ace who has at least kept some posting going over the wilderness years with his competition. I gave up and lost faith in the site entirely a few years back. Hence why I appear as something of a newbie on here. Only Raizor's faith that things are changing pulled me back

Send Nm Mail to redbaron Add redbaron to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged | Edited by redbaron at 09-01-2018 12:45 PM Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
PiXeL_ViXeN

Photographer
City: London

Hello! I've just logged in after 4/5 years. Glad to see site still here and some familiar faces. Happy to be more active here too.

You have a great look. I've got a studio in Beckenham, South London and looking to do some TFP shoots if interested? I get a lot of commercial work so people do get picked up from my site. Please ignore the profile pix, I shuddered once I saw them! Will sort out new ones fairly soon.

Cheers Tracy

Send Nm Mail to PiXeL_ViXeN Add PiXeL_ViXeN to your favorites list
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >

Moderators :

persistentvision

Forum Settings : [ Open Forum ]

You may post topics
You may post replies
You may post images
You may delete your posts