[ Watch This Topic ]
Show Printer Friendly Message Reply To Topic
Author Topic : Is it me or...... 
Kentog

Thread Starter / Photographer
City: Northampton
Views : 566  Dec 17, 2018 6:28am

.....is this site dying on its feet?

I have not been on here long, only 5 or so years, but it used to be a good place to view and book models.

Lately though, if I log in, I am often the only person online, and he forums are soooo slow.....

I keep reading about the site ‘re-boot’, but wonder if it is far too late now as everyone has left....

(I await being booted of for daring to speak.....)

Send Nm Mail to Kentog Add Kentog to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged | Edited by Kentog at 12-17-2018 6:29 AM Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
redbaron

Photographer
City: Ayesbury
RE: Is it me or...... Dec 17, 2018 6:39am

Not just you alas but the old Gal is not quite dead yet and while I do not want to speculate on timing a new site is being created. I know because I have been Beta testing it! While I know there have been reasons for the long delay I do hope James is able find time and energy for the final push because I think it is easily a match for what is out there while keeping the simplicity of this site.

Will it be too late? I guess we will find out when it all happens. James seems determined it will all be finished before he even talks about it and I think that is the right action. I expressed concern about launching before all the snags were sorted on another site but was not heeded and my fear has been realised so far.

James gets exactly one hit with this. No more. Once the new version goes live gossip curiosity and past affection will bring people back at least for a look. If they find a slick fully functioning site with all the old, well documented problems sorted and perhaps a couple of interestng tweaks they will return. Otherwise they will move on.

Have to say I really really like the overal feel of it though

Send Nm Mail to redbaron Add redbaron to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged | Edited by redbaron at 12-17-2018 6:41 AM Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
 pep

Photographer
City: Northeast / North Yorkshire
RE: Is it me or...... Dec 17, 2018 6:50am

its limping... though there really is space out there for a site that is both functional, easy to use & friendly... ( though friendly all depends on the posters )

Send Nm Mail to pep Add pep to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
redbaron

Photographer
City: Ayesbury
RE: Is it me or...... Dec 17, 2018 8:24am

quoting post from  pep:

its limping... though there really is space out there for a site that is both functional, easy to use & friendly... ( though friendly all depends on the posters )

Not sure I agree on the last statement. This site was generally quite friendly because James set very clear limits on behavoir on the forums and if someone thought they were special and could ignore the rules they were quite quickly disabused of that. You could have lively and indeed terse exchanges but anyone who felt it acceptable to throw personal abuse or tried to troll a thread because they either did not agree with it or did not like the OP was quickly out,

Also taking topics off topic was stamped on quite firmly too. Some sites now you can go onto what sounds an interesting topic only to find it has been dragged off in an entirely different direction, which I find quite annoying.

Send Nm Mail to redbaron Add redbaron to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged | Edited by redbaron at 12-17-2018 8:27 AM Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
Kentog

Thread Starter / Photographer
City: Northampton
RE: Is it me or...... Dec 17, 2018 10:31am

quoting post from  pep:

I get the point being made here.
I agree that in general it is a friendly site to use and mostly people are respectful.
The point here though is that it does always depend on those posting..... there will always be one!

Send Nm Mail to Kentog Add Kentog to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >

Moderators :

doctorontop, UKModerator3

Forum Settings : [ Open Forum ]

You may post topics
You may post replies
You may post images
You may delete your posts