alias : pwd :       secure login | forgot pwd? ]
8 members online. 
4 users watching this topic.
[ Watch This Topic ]
Show Printer Friendly Message Reply To Topic
Author Topic : Premium Membership is currently offline for maintenance. 
 Thunder_uk

Thread Starter / Photographer
City: Loughton
Views : 238  Feb 14, 2019 1:35pm

I started out on here and became a platinum member many years ago but a few years back I decided not to renew and ceased my subscription and am now a free member.

I decided I wanted to renew my membership and update my profile and photos but when I tried I got the message Premium Membership is currently offline for maintenance.

Why is that?

Send Nm Mail to Thunder_uk Add Thunder_uk to your favorites list
Top  IP: Logged Report Post Reply Reply w/Quote
redbaron

Photographer
City: Ayesbury

I assume it is linked to there being a new site in development.

Send Nm Mail to redbaron Add redbaron to your favorites list
 Thunder_uk

quoting post from redbaron:

I assume it is linked to there being a new site in development.

Yep, now been told. Pity

martyn

Photographer
City: Cardiff

Yes, I believe subscription renewals is now offline in preparation for the new site.

If you want a premium membership try enering the competition run by ACE ... the prize has been known to include a membership gift

Martyn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Imagine
ImagiNation
IMAGE WALES
www.imagewales.co.uk

Proud to be a member of the TAFFIA

Send Nm Mail to martyn Add martyn to your favorites list
 Ace

Photographer
City: Reading

quoting post from  martyn:

Yes, I believe subscription renewals is now offline in preparation for the new site.

If you want a premium membership try enering the competition run by ACE ... the prize has been known to include a membership gift

Martyn

Imagine
ImagiNation
IMAGE WALES
www.imagewales.co.uk

This is true, thanks for the plug Martyn.

Send Nm Mail to Ace Add Ace to your favorites list
 Thunder_uk

quoting post from  Ace:

This is true, thanks for the plug Martyn.

I'm in the odd position of still having all the photos I was entitled to when I ceased my premium membership 5 years ago on my portfolio (since when of course I have had 5 years of shoots)

As a now "free" member I am not entitled to upload more photos until or unless I delete over 50 photos. (If I could renew my membership I probably in time would replace most of them)

To be honest I can't see the point in suspending premium membership. I've just noticed that I posted about this in another thread in 2017 (not responded to) so Net Model has so far not allowed this for maybe 2 years

Razoir

Photographer
City: Crediton

It is not a simple matter of 'not allowing'.

The new site, yes I know this does not exist, people who claim it exists are liars etc. etc.**, is in beta testing and much of the new site is composed of material selected from the existing site. So members will find they have been migrated when they get onto the new one. This makes maintenance of the existing site, not only time away from the beta but also problematic if what is being migrated is being altered during the process.

I have a lot of sympathy with those who have been so very patient and the many members who are going out of their way to be encouraging and supportive. Even more sympathy with those who are being frustrated by the delays but this will happen.

Remember that James is doing all the coding etc. etc. as a solo effort. The guy has to eat and sleep and occasionally walk amongst the birds and the flowers. Add to that the perversity of websites and the fa ct that evry time you correct a fault, three more crop up as a result and it is not hard to see why it has taken so long.

I am also frustrated by the delays but we have taken the decision that we will not relaunch until the site is ready. Even then I expect we will get a huge rush of issues but at least we will be dealing with problems, reasonably secure in the belief that the basics are right.

Keep hangin on guys, the new site looks brilliant and on the whole works very well.

** I am NOT suggesting that anyone in this thread has implied lies but a few people have.

Huge Hairy Jeremy

Remember, Trolls' brains are silica based and only function properly at temperatures lower than minus 72 degrees Kevin.

Send Nm Mail to Razoir Add Razoir to your favorites list
 martyn

Photographer
City: Cardiff

quoting post from  Thunder_uk:

As a now "free" member I am not entitled to upload more photos until or unless I delete over 50 photos. (If I could renew my membership I probably in time would replace most of them)

Try uploading an extra one without deleting an existing one ... that’s what I did if I recall correctly

OR

Host an image somewhere on the www and link it into your thread post

OR

Use one of your existing images

Imagine
ImagiNation
IMAGE WALES
www.imagewales.co.uk

Send Nm Mail to martyn Add martyn to your favorites list